Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
For people without symptoms, like Novak, quarantine and isolation are more important than testing. Novak left for Belgrade immediately, where he would get tested.

This is what happens everywhere when they trace contacts: they are instructed to go home and get tested.

·
Registered
19,654 Posts
https://www.kurir.rs/sport/tenis/34...primio-vest-videcemo-za-banja-luku-i-sarajevo

Translation:
The director of the Adria Tour regional tournament, Đorđe Đoković, after the cancellation of the finals in Zadar, said that it was still unknown whether the complete series would be canceled, ie the tournament planned for July 3 in Banja Luka and the exhibition match between Novak Đoković and Damir Džumhur on July 5 in Sarajevo.
The final between Djokovic and Andrei Rublev was canceled after Grigor Dimitrov announced that he was positive for Covid 19.

"We received the information and implemented all the measures. Everyone who was in close contact with him, go for testing. We are sorry for this, but we do not want to risk anything. I hope we will return to Zadar when there is a better situation "Novak received this news very hard. We have taken all the measures prescribed by the Governments of Serbia and Croatia. It was difficult to receive this news. Is the whole series being canceled? We are not sure, we will see," Djokovic told Sport Klub.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
It pains me to say it, but my beloved foe Nadal is actually behaving really thoughtful during this crisis, realizing that we are in a pandemic and being very hesitant when or if to play tennis.

On the other hand, we have Djokovic. Oh what a shitshow. Looks like if Federer is gone, we all have to root for Nadal to screw with Djokovic and prevent him from passing the Slam record. A conspiracy, anti vaxxine self centered nutcase with no sense of responsibility can't hold that record. It would be an absolute desaster for our beloved sport.

·
Registered
22,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Everyone else got tested except Djokovic. Why does Djokovic get different preferential treatment and favouritism over others? Because he’s the world #1 player? I don’t understand, everyone should be treated equally and get tested, it’s their own responsibility to prevent the spread.

·
Registered
22,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It pains me to say it, but my beloved foe Nadal is actually behaving really thoughtful during this crisis, realizing that we are in a pandemic and being very hesitant when or if to play tennis.

On the other hand, we have Djokovic. Oh what a shitshow. Looks like if Federer is gone, we all have to root for Nadal to screw with Djokovic and prevent him from passing the Slam record. A conspiracy, anti vaxxine self centered nutcase with no sense of responsibility can't hold that record. It would be an absolute desaster for our beloved sport.
Fedal vs Djokovic

·
Registered
3,413 Posts

·
justice for all
16,893 Posts

Everyone else got tested except Djokovic. Why does Djokovic get different preferential treatment and favouritism over others? Because he’s the world #1 player? I don’t understand, everyone should be treated equally and get tested, it’s their own responsibility to prevent the spread.
And they said: „The captain, the last man aboard the ship”. Apparently Djokovic is not the captain. We all know who leaves the ship first...

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I don't if true or not, but Djokovic should have been tested in Zadar immediately after Dimitrov's announcement. If Novak would have been tested positive, he should have been left isolated in Croatia and not allowed of travelling to Belgrade. I can't stand anymore the irresponsible behaviour of Novak, as the number one of the World, he should give the right example and not behave like a fool.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Someone needs to stop this madman. Seriously. He has completely lost touch with reality.
This.
Why he refused testing? Scared that they find something else...?????

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Hopefully this is fake news or it´s exaggerated, not just for Djokovic or for tennis but for the public health of serbians and europeans

1 - 20 of 92 Posts