Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Congrats. 300 weeks is an amazing milestone, which 5-10 years ago I haven't even thought about. Hopefully he'll get to Fed's record without any ranking divergence (#1 regardless of calculation system).

Reactions: DjokoKing

·
King Of Tennis
3,238 Posts
It's already decided since AO points will be protected too. Cheap stat padding a la Connors. Sad that anyone would take pride in it.
2020 points (i.e. nothing "protected"):

1. King = 6855
2. Thiem = 4615
3. Nadal = 4050
4. Medvedev = 4025

King has more than a 2000 point lead over second place Thiem, i.e. the amount he won at the AO. So even if he didn't play AO (and we still count Thiem's finalist points there along with his US Open win, London final and everything else), King would still be #1 in points based on 2020 results alone. Keep being wrong though.

·
Registered
245 Posts
It's already decided since AO points will be protected too. Cheap stat padding a la Connors. Sad that anyone would take pride in it.
This thread about 300 weeks, not 310 weeks, next year AO has nothing to do with that.

Anyway, soon one of the most iconic record held by Fed now almost broken :( and now he is no longer the sole holder of 20 slams :( terrible times to be a Federer fan, at least Sampras could enjoy his records during retirement.

·
Registered
11,165 Posts

TRIBUTE TO THE 300 MILESTONE​

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
2020 points (i.e. nothing "protected"):

1. King = 6855
2. Thiem = 4615
3. Nadal = 4050
4. Medvedev = 4025

King has more than a 2000 point lead over second place Thiem, i.e. the amount he won at the AO. So even if he didn't play AO (and we still count Thiem's finalist points there along with his US Open win, London final and everything else), King would still be #1 in points based on 2020 results alone. Keep being wrong though.
2020 is peak stat padding time where everyone sucks (except Nadal in RG final) and the less sucky player wins.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
This thread about 300 weeks, not 310 weeks, next year AO has nothing to do with that.

Anyway, soon one of the most iconic record held by Fed now almost broken :( and now he is no longer the sole holder of 20 slams :( terrible times to be a Federer fan, at least Sampras could enjoy his records during retirement.
All the Djokovic fans enjoying their idol collecting titles while playing subpar simply reveal what kind of unfortunate beings they are.

·
Registered
450 Posts
great days for tennis Djokovic the real record weeks at number one holder, frauder out After W-era weeks at number no.1. now we have real major goat Nadal and real weeks at number no.1 goat Djokovic all is right in the world now. ;)

1 - 20 of 134 Posts