Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novak Djokovic believes it is possible for him to hold all four Grand Slam titles at the same time, as he goes in search of the, so far, illusive French Open crown.

The Serbian ace has had an unbelievable last 12 months and since his victory in the 2011 Australian Open, has gone from strength to strength and moved to the top of the rankings.

Djokovic followed up that win with victories at Wimbledon and Flushing Meadows, and then retained his Australian Open title earlier in the year.
Having lost to Roger Federer in the semi-finals in 2011, the Roland Garros crown is only major trophy to elude him but he is looking to put that right this year.

The world number one has already won two ATP Tour titles this year ad reached two other finals, but the two final defeats came against Rafael Nadal on clay.

Having beaten the Spaniard in seven straight finals, Nadal has won their last two meetings and that has bolstered his position as favourite for the second 'Slam of the year.

But Djokovic, a three-time semi finalist at the French Open, remains upbeat about his chances in Paris and has his sights set on creating some history.

The 25-year-old said: "It's there and a possibility to win four grand slams in a row and I am going to prepare as I prepare for any other big event, with more focus.

"The French Open is the only grand slam that I haven't played in the finals so it's a hard task but I feel good and I'm always motivated in France."

If Djokovic is successful he will become only the third player to hold all four 'Slams at the same time - joining Australia's Rod Laver (1962 and 1969) and American Don Budge (1938).

Ahead of a huge summer of sport featuring Euro 2012, the Olympics and Wimbledon don’t forget to check out Bet365’s new Youtube channel, featuring all the bet365 videos you recognise from TV, including the latest bet365 Ray Winston advert .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts