Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Doesn't seem to make sense, schedule-wise. Shanghai is right after, he's not going to skip a M1000 for an ATP500, is he?
Beijing is at the same time and Novak won both tournaments consecutively several times. Last year he played LC at that time. I don't expect him to treat Tokio more seriously than that. So 2-3 matches than off to Shanghai with enough time to recuperate is my guess.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Federer should play Tokyo as an uniqlo-dude.. fuck Laver Cup
But strange that he switches from Beijing to Tokyo. Unexpected

·
Registered
990 Posts
Preparation for the Olympics. Even if Olympics gets played on different court, feeling the city and the ambient before it still means something. Djokovic knows that he cannot be the real GOAT candidate if he doesn't win at least 1 OG, so he put his focus on the right place.
:lol:

Novak should have no problems winning it, Nishikori will probably be the biggest obstacle and his chances of winning vs Djokovic are as low as they've ever been.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
beijing wont be happy

·
Registered
159 Posts
Doesn't seem to make sense, schedule-wise. Shanghai is right after, he's not going to skip a M1000 for an ATP500, is he?
Shanghai is a week after Tokyo... so no issues on scheduling.

He usually plays in Beijing that week. Therefore, the travel distance is not that different.

Most probably got a nice appearance fee from Tokyo.

·
justice for all
13,157 Posts
This is good news and as if Djokovic needs more money. Don't be silly :lol:.

I need more money, darn :wink2:
Me too, who doesn't?

But I guess with those multimillionaires it's like the more you have, the more you want.

Just kidding, I guess bearing in mind Olympics are coming it's not a bad move if his objective is to win it in 2020.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts