Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone postulate why Djokovic is playing doubles with Stepanek in Monte Carlo? Is he trying to get general clay match practice or is there something about doubles tennis that will help him specifically on clay? I'm thinking volleys, but is there anything else?

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe he just feels like playing doubles?
:haha:

You're forgetting that we're dealing with Mountain Hag's spawn. He does nothing unless it will further his/(her) ambitions - slams and No. 1. Doing doubles "just for fun" seems much too naive - there must be some other goal.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Radek's going to give him advice on hooking up with WTA players and slip in some volleying tips along the way ;)

More seriously maybe the respect they gained for each other in their marathon at the USO lead them to play doubles together. Then again, I don't know either of them. All I can do is speculate :shrug:, and this board is the right place for it ;)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Oh my :spit: What a lovely team they would be..
I already can imagine their dances/monkey motions after winning a good poit :eek:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I think Stepanek's style of "clay-play" is closer to what Djokovic wants to get better at, well if you compare it to a spaniard of course, so maybe thats the reason. Plus its his first clay tourna of the year, so getting a feel for it is important.

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
He wants to become #2 so badly that he asked himself "how the hell did nadal get there?" and then he realized that he often plays doubles and that somehow that could help.

off course I am kidding. Maybe he just felt like it.. People work this way sometimes they want to do what they normally dont do.

Too bad they will be out in the second round.. It's hard to se ethem win Aspelin and Knowle..

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
Olympic year - Serbia will expect him to play doubles with Zimonjic. Also he's played nothing for real since IW.

Just hope his fitness holds up - he's not exactly the Duracell bunny...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
They played together before...in 2006 I think.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
well Nole is not a stupid player and you know he wanna win the Davis Cup but he isn't a great double player (but he has a very good serbian partner who can play in Davis and so it should be, the point won with the doubles, fundamental if you consider that he can won the others two "easly" ).
Sexy Radek instead plays double very good and so playing with him Nole can try to improve his double tennis!

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
nole is a great doubles player... remember when he smashed zimonjic on the head during the DC play offs?

i suppose he wants some general clay practise. they might even go far unless he decides to tank , u know stepanek is a pretty good doubles player.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts