Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

“Personally I am opposed to vaccination and I wouldn’t want to be forced by someone to take a vaccine in order to be able to travel,” Djokovic said in a live facebook chat with several fellow Serbian athletes.

“But if it becomes compulsory, what will happen? I will have to make a decision. I have my own thoughts about the matter and whether those thoughts will change at some point, I don’t know."

Djokovic has come out as an anti-vaxxer and says he might not come back if getting a vaccine becomes a requirement. WTF.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Are we reading the same quotes? He did not say he will not come back to tennis if a vaccine becomes a requirement. Read carefully.

His words also sound reasonable. There is no vaccine yet, and a vaccine may prove to be ineffective. I am sure he does not want to be pumped with stuff that may not work or is not proven to be safe. He did allude that he is open to changing his mind, and I am sure he will clarify his remarks soon because this has become a story

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are we reading the same quotes? He did not say he will not come back to tennis if a vaccine becomes a requirement. Read carefully.

His words also sound reasonable. There is no vaccine yet, and a vaccine may prove to be ineffective. I am sure he does not want to be pumped with stuff that may not work or is not proven to be safe. He did allude that he is open to changing his mind, and I am sure he will clarify his remarks soon because this has become a story
I said he said he might not come back (he implied he had doubts about it when he said he'd have to make a decision), not he will not come back

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I said he said he might not come back (he implied he had doubts about it when he said he'd have to make a decision), not he will not come back
There is a zero chance he will not return to tennis over this, let's be serious. Expect him to clarify his remarks shortly because this has become a story.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Disappointed by his thoughts on vaccines.

But I don't understand this sentence:
“Hypothetically, if the season was to resume in July, August or September, though unlikely, I understand that a vaccine will become a requirement straight after we are out of strict quarantine and there is no vaccine yet.”

Anyone know what he's trying to say there? How can a vaccine be a requirement when there's no vaccine yet?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It's hardly surprising considering he's not only a vegetarian but also believes inner peace can bring him victory, obviously he is not among the smartest

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Hahahaha seriously? How stupid can someone be?

It would be hard for me to handle the Schadenfreude if Djokovic will not be able to play tennis because of his apparent arrogance to scientific facts.

Sooner or later, a (carefully tested) vaccine will hopefully be made. Then everybody who wants to live a normal life again has to take it. Period.

All the other non-vaccine dipshits who defy science should be punished by travel bans.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Jelena's influence 100%. Utter crap. He should focus on htting the fuzzy yellow ball and not talk about what he has absolutely no knowledge.
Big words by someone with only elementary school...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Such a rebel.

Assuming a vaccine will need to be proven safe for use its a strange objection.

·
Registered
176 Posts
a vegetarian, maybe
a vegetarian and a professional tennis player, poor combination
Obviously it's not a poor combination considering his huge success!

Being vegetarian and meditating doesn't make you a stupid person or a bad tennis player at all.

Being an anti-vaxxer, on the other hand, DOES make you both stupid and bad. Pretty alarmed by his comments.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts