Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
You're saying Rafa continues to wreck his body at 33 with his ridiculous playing style because he simply "loves to play and numbers are secondary ?"
Speaking of 'life goals', these are people who have been dedicating their lives & sacrificing, mentally and physically, to get better at a GAME.
Competitiveness is a significant part of human mentality, just try playing a Multiplayer video game. You'll often lose to better players, and feel some level of anger/offence, potentially towards your own teammates, nevermind the opponents. Now imagine that video game is your livelihood, with billions of people watching you.
Extreme competitiveness, yes. Only there are many ways to be competitive. Some want more Rolexes, others want numbers, Rafa primarily wants to crush you as a roach on court.

LoL "ridiculous" is hearing someone who has probably never touched a tennis racket calling a 19 times GS champ's playing style "ridiculous".

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Extreme competitiveness, yes. Only there are many ways to be competitive. Some want more Rolexes, others want numbers, Rafa primarily wants to crush you as a roach on court.

LoL "ridiculous" is hearing someone who has probably never touched a tennis racket calling a 19 times GS champ's playing style "ridiculous".

View attachment 355233
I don't know how wanting to 'crush other players like a roach' is much different than wanting to succeed by winning tournaments.
As for the next point, I meant 'ridiculous' as in the physicality of it.. surely that is obvious.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I don't know how wanting to 'crush other players like a roach' is much different than wanting to succeed by winning tournaments.
I know you don't know, that much is obvious. I can't help you in that.

As for the next point, I meant 'ridiculous' as in the physicality of it.. surely that is obvious.
Oh ok, and what is the link between physicality of play and focusing on winning matches vs. numbers on a paper? Im all ears.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I know you don't know, that much is obvious. I can't help you in that.

Oh ok, and what is the link between physicality of play and focusing on winning matches vs. numbers on a paper? Im all ears.
1. How would a player think about wanting to 'crush' all other players for bragging rights, but winning tournaments doesn't matter that much ? Are you serious ? Do you think winning tournament and 'crushing'/beating players is somehow completely different ? What kind of counterproductive tard logic is this ? Do you think Rafa had more bragging rights after losing to Novak at AO 19 Final because he 'crushed' more players leading up to it, as opposed to Djokovic who struggled more ?

2. Every match win is counted as 'a number on the paper'. If he just wants to win matches then why doesn't he go play futures tournaments ? He can win there all he wants, much more than on the ATP tour, and it's all good since he doesn't care all that much about 'Slams' and 'Masters' anyway right ? Since he just wants to 'win' and 'crush' players apparently.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
1. How would a player think about wanting to 'crush' all other players for bragging rights, but winning tournaments doesn't matter that much ? Are you serious ? Do you think winning tournament and 'crushing'/beating players is somehow completely different ? What kind of counterproductive tard logic is this ? Do you think Rafa had more bragging rights after losing to Novak at AO 19 Final because he 'crushed' more players leading up to it, as opposed to Djokovic who struggled more ?
LoL he wants to win every match he plays, which logically means every tourney he participates in. The link to records is missed, a player may (needs) plan his late career in a manner suitable to his age, body, familiar situation or a plethora of other factors (Fed does that since long ago for instance, Rafa' doing that too in a lesser extent) while others play everything and his granny because they need "numbers".

LoL "bragging rights" ... that's a tard thing, never heard Rafa or Roger bragging.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
17 is probably a bigger number than 20 in your book. But keep living in your fantasy world, it's better for you.
11-6 H2H record in slams against Federer while not having lost one in eight years. Higher peak level (Ultimate Tennis Statistics - Peak Elo Ratings) and the non-calendar year grand slam (which had never been done in the Open Era and which would have gotten a ton more play had it been Federer who achieved it). Even if Djokovic never passes Federer in slam count (which appeared to be a virtual certainty until the coronavirus pandemic provided a reprieve), I'd say it's pretty unmistakable at this point who was the better tennis player.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
He said 10 Deutchebank dollars or something like that. I was the one who altered it for drama effect and for relatability to the modern viewer
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Djokovic is a wacko. I don't doubt the general tone of his upbringing. But, he really doesn't know when to stop talking. Why is he still talking about this? It's literally not relevant.

Also, he needs a real PR manager. Why the hell would you expose your anti-vax views to the world?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Well i ignored this thread for some days knowing exactly what to expect & lo & behold, it didn’t let me down one bit. Same old Fedalbots piling onto a thread having nothing to do about them but simply the sacrifices the Serb’s family made during a war ravaged childhood. Novak & his family realise that perhaps regardless of his achievements, the earlier Fedal rivalry will always have the media monopoly but they want to put the no.1’s story in perspective. Trust me when i say that i really don’t care about the final GS tally but that the distribution of it is key & if Novak makes it to 19 majors w/ one more each on HC & Grass, it would once & for all cement his legacy as arguably the greatest HC along w/ top 3 ATG Grass player .

121 - 132 of 132 Posts