Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

Your visions will happen
Discussion Starter #81
LoL 80% of Americans are in debt. Are 80% Americans poor? 馃
Depends whether you consider poor to be net worth or living conditions

Really don't understand Djoko haters in this thread. Trying to "prove" he wasn't as bad off as he was. Get a life. The truth is the truth

Registered
Lol, the other two brothers are "pros" only because of Novak, Marko turned pro in 2007 when Novak was already winning masters and playing GS final, at that time I'm sure money was no concern anymore.
Marko was 16 in 2007. You're telling me that he only got private lessons once Novak made it? And then all of a sudden he's playing at pro level?

Bullshit heaped on bullshit.

Registered
Did you not read or watch? They did not pay for elite coaching, they got a scholarship and took loans with high interest
I mean the elite private coaching from a very young age, not the academy in Germany.

Families too poor to own a second bed do not pay for one-to-one lessons for their offspring.

Registered
Depends whether you consider poor to be net worth or living conditions

Really don't understand Djoko haters in this thread. Trying to "prove" he wasn't as bad off as he was. Get a life. The truth is the truth
Im not his hater. I don't need to acritically swallow all the BS he, his family and NoleFam try to chove down our throats though. But if you want...

Registered
Djokovic鈥檚 family could afford elite coaching at the age of 6 and send him to Germany during his teenage years and yet had to share bed with 5 people? Do you seriously expect us to believe this? JG, I know you love to overdramatise things for the sake of drama and you鈥檙e a sucker for these kind of sob stories, but come on now. You鈥檝e been speaking like your typical NoleFam nowadays, they have brainwashed you.

I agree with all your comments here.

But the poverty stuff was coming from some Djokovic fans on this thread, and is sometimes part of the mythologising of the Novak fanbase.

And of course it's bullshit.

At the same time, there was some hardship involved. Of course there was. They raised three children and had to make sacrifices. That is life.

But if they had been, say, road-workers or supermarket staff or cleaners or unskilled factory workers, then there would have been next to zero chance that any of their children could have had a tennis career, irrespective of their innate talent.
From Djokovic himself too, he literally said after winning AO 2020 that he came from literally nothing. So of course his fans will use his quotes and exaggerate on these views. Australian Open 2020 Novak Djokovic鈥檚 life in Serbia: How champion鈥檚 past in war-torn country shaped him

Premium Member
Marko was 16 in 2007. You're telling me that he only got private lessons once Novak made it? And then all of a sudden he's playing at pro level?

Bullshit heaped on bullshit.
I don't know what kind of lessons he got, he may have hit at the local club, but nowhere near Novak anyway. Marko didn't even play on junior tour before 2006 and he won only one challenger match in his entire career / zero ATP matches. Basically he was there just for his brother.

Registered
Djokovic鈥檚 family could afford elite coaching at the age of 6 and send him to Germany during his teenage years and yet had to share bed with 5 people? Do you seriously expect us to believe this? JG, I know you love to overdramatise things for the sake of drama and you鈥檙e a sucker for these kind of sob stories, but come on now. You鈥檝e been speaking like your typical NoleFam nowadays, they have brainwashed you.
They encountered substantial financial problems when Novak was 14-15 y.o. and in Germany, before that period they made enough money and had some savings.

It is not unimaginable that kids want to sleep with their parents in the same bed if bombs are falling nearby especially in the tiny basement room .

Registered
If someone owns a restaurant in the middle of North Africa, it does not mean that they are not struggling financially.

Even if Djokovic and his family were not poor for Serbia's standards (an impoverished, war-torn country), they would still be considered living in poverty in comparison to the more developed nations who have not been destroyed by bombs.

Registered
It is not unimaginable that kids want to sleep with the parents in the same bed if bombs are falling nearby.
Way off the mark, OT. One may go on and say that as a nation if they didn't want that maybe they shouldn't have voted Slobodan the butcher in. Things could have gone more smoothly, for all Serbian kids, including Novak. I love the country Serbia and its residents, visited it countless times, but I am telling you, Novak and his family don't look like my Serb friends at all, so self-obsessed. Many there also don't like their antics. Totally weird style of upbringing.

Registered
They encountered substantial financial problems when Novak was 14-15 y.o. and in Germany, before that period they made enough money and had some savings.

It is not unimaginable that kids want to sleep with their parents in the same bed if bombs are falling nearby.
I thought Novak saw the bombs in Belgrade while staying with his granddad (i.e. far away from the ski resort where his parents lived).

Registered
I don't know what kind of lessons he got, he may have hit at the local club, but nowhere near Novak anyway. Marko didn't even play on junior tour before 2006 and he won only one challenger match in his entire career / zero ATP matches. Basically he was there just for his brother.
No youngster casually hitting at their local club, no matter how talented, makes it onto the junior ITF circuit.

Registered
No one's gonna feel sorry for him.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts