Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Truly inspiring stuff. Most of the world is living in poverty, so most people can relate to Djokovic and his struggles when he was young than they ever can with someone who was born privileged and very rich, like Federer was. Djokovic is truly a man of the people - a people's champ if there ever was one.
Federer came from a normal middle-class family. I think, out of the Big 3 Nadal is the only one coming from a "rich family" background.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Well Corona was worst thing possible for both Nadal and Djokovic. Both within such close range to eclipse Fed's slams and #1 records, all put on hold
.. Nadal's schedule is a little lighter as it looks as though he won't have to focus on the WTF for another 18 months... LOL!

Nole was in prime form to bag the gold... complete everything there needs to be won in tennis and then go full out Thanos mode in bagging slams for the rest of his career.

·
Registered
21,286 Posts
This 10 euros nonsense :lol:

the guy sure loves to play the victim complex a lot and exaggerate his suffering. Pathetic

·
justice for all
13,163 Posts
Former Yugoslavia and then Serbia in the 90-s was a poor country additionally affected by the war. Anyone who owned a restaurant in the mountains and could afford private ski and tennis lessons was in top 5% of the most affluent people in the country.
But well he created this legend he is the victim and he sticks to it no matter what’s the truth.
Once a faker, always a faker.

·
Registered
21,286 Posts
Former Yugoslavia and then Serbia in the 90-s was a poor country additionally affected by the war. Anyone who owned a restaurant in the mountains and could afford private ski and tennis lessons was in top 5% of the most affluent people in the country.
But well he created this legend he is the victim and he sticks to it no matter what’s the truth.
Once a faker, always a faker.
Exactly, everyone struggled during those war times but Djokovic’s family was one of the best in terms of finances in that country, others suffered way more than them. His upbringing wasn’t the best but he still had access to facilities and necessary technical guidance. He got Monica Seles’s childhood coach at the age of 6 for the next 6 or so years. From a privilege point of view, one could say Djokovic had it better than Fedal when it came to technical guidance. Toni wasn’t proven yet and Federer had club level coaching. So Djokovic was underprivileged again? :lol: such intellectually dishonesty sickens me tbh. He got a lot of support. I don’t buy this nonsense and he always wants to remind us how ‘underprivileged’ he was. Joke

·
6,253 Posts
Nole's story, from practicing in a disused swimming pool 🏊 , to sheltering from bombs. It is an inspirational story to anyone who has dared to dream.

·
Premium Member
21,077 Posts
Yugoslavia never used mark, a German currency, so it is probably fake. Yugoslavia and Serbia have always used dinars, mate.
Lol, German/Deutsche Mark was the unofficial currency of the Balkans for decades, and now it's Euro. The rent for the apartment I live in I pay in EUR and so on (I could pay in dinars, but every appartment owner prefers euros). In the 90s it was much worse, DEM was like gold and dinars were worthless. :)

·
Registered
10,511 Posts
Lol, German/Deutsche Mark was the unofficial currency of the Balkans for decades, and now it's Euro. The rent for the apartment I live in I pay in EUR and so on (I could pay in dinars, but every appartment owner prefers euros). In the 90s it was much worse, DEM was like gold and dinars were worthless. :)
Yeah I figured so. Similar thing with US dollars here in my country, but it sounds weird in an interview, meant to reflect the message of 'we were poor, and that was all we got' Mentioning Dinar there instead, the official (and the evidently weaker of the two) currency of YU would be more logical IMO.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Nole's story, from practicing in a disused swimming pool 🏊 , to sheltering from bombs. It is an inspirational story to anyone who has dared to dream.
A nice story for the masses. A few grossly embellished episodes here end there regurgigated as a 'from rags to riches' hollywood film. At this point and with a lot of meditation and perhaps even levitation he probably already believes his own made-up story is real.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Bad news for NextGen. They should start looking for alternatives i.e. blogging (Tsitsi) or modelling career (Sascha).
Inb4 K1ng Kyrgios does all his bullshit to preserve his body and is still waiting for Big 3 to get too old to compete. Maybe he got this advice from a mysterious man who knows one of Big 3 players really well.

Come to me to train when Rafael and Djokovic are too old, no?

·
Premium Member
21,077 Posts
Yeah I figured so. Similar thing with US dollars here in my country, but it sounds weird in an interview, meant to reflect the message of 'we were poor, and that was all we got' Mentioning Dinar there instead, the official (and the evidently weaker of the two) currency of YU would be more logical IMO.
Not really. Depending on the year or even the month of the year, the value of dinar was different, so almost you'd need to have the exact date to go with that message to get it properly. :p If you say "10 DEM", everybody immediately knows the value. :)

·
Premium Member
21,077 Posts
Exactly, everyone struggled during those war times but Djokovic’s family was one of the best in terms of finances in that country, others suffered way more than them. His upbringing wasn’t the best but he still had access to facilities and necessary technical guidance. He got Monica Seles’s childhood coach at the age of 6 for the next 6 or so years. From a privilege point of view, one could say Djokovic had it better than Fedal when it came to technical guidance. Toni wasn’t proven yet and Federer had club level coaching. So Djokovic was underprivileged again? :lol: such intellectually dishonesty sickens me tbh. He got a lot of support. I don’t buy this nonsense and he always wants to remind us how ‘underprivileged’ he was. Joke
Doing ok in one of the poorest countries in Europe still doesn't mean much. They also had two more kids to provide for while trying to fund Novak's tennis career. And there's zero guarantee someone doing well in juniors is going to translate to successful tennis career. If Novak didn't start winning real tournaments they would've ended homeless most likely, considering how much they were in debts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Doing ok in one of the poorest countries in Europe still doesn't mean much. They also had two more kids to provide for while trying to fund Novak's tennis career. And there's zero guarantee someone doing well in juniors is going to translate to successful tennis career. If Novak didn't start winning real tournaments they would've ended homeless most likely, considering how much they were in debts.
Reši brate reši glupe zapadnjake...................... JK ...................

·
justice for all
13,163 Posts
A nice story for the masses. A few grossly embellished episodes here end there regurgigated as a 'from rags to riches' hollywood film. At this point and with a lot of meditation and perhaps even levitation he probably already believes his own made-up story is real.
Fuck, let’s hope he won’t levitate on court cause that would indeed make him unbeatable for the next 50 years.
I think it’s only the question of time before he can walk on the water and turn water into wine.

41 - 60 of 132 Posts