1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Can't watch it. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
25,471 Posts
Jamie seems like a sweet guy too bad his brother's an ass. :)

Ha ha Novak, just wait till he gets to Beijing then he can eat some of this scrumptious food:

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Nice little behind the scenes look at IW.

Best part was seeing David Ferrer hits his table tennis BH with two hands. :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
I didn't understand a word of that.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I didn't understand a word of that.
Accent problem? If it's any consolation, Djokovic was rude about American food in a terribly polite way, unlike say Ivanisevic, who memorably observed that if you eat McDonalds in America then you go to the hospital. Roddick would disagree, but only on the choice of fast food outlet.

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Thanks, that worked for me! :)

Sure I might be completely blindsighted by my devotion to Nole ;), but he's right about American food. Back in the 18th (or 19th...? I forget) century they basically used to fry everything in sight and eat it (at least, according to my American History prof! :D).
Isn't that Scotland? ;)

I mean, he's right :shrug: I don't think any Americans (except maybe some chefs or something?:lol: ) would be offended with someone saying American food sucks. Of course, there is good food here, it's a little harder to find than in Europe that's all :shrug: It's no secret that i'm not a huge Djokovic fan but anyone who finds fault in what he said is really just going on a fishing expedition :lol:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Isn't that Scotland? ;)

I mean, he's right :shrug: I don't think any Americans (except maybe some chefs or something?:lol: ) would be offended with someone saying American food sucks. Of course, there is good food here, it's a little harder to find than in Europe that's all :shrug: It's no secret that i'm not a huge Djokovic fan but anyone who finds fault in what he said is really just going on a fishing expedition :lol:
Haha, good to see that you can find humour in America's lack of culinary skills. Btw, Canada's not any better... poutine anyone?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Best part was seeing David Ferrer hits his table tennis BH with two hands. :lol:
:lol: that was awesome! The video's cool, love Jamie and Novak, and it's always great to see what the players get upto out of sight! :lol:

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Cafeteria food is bad in any country. Djokovic should try some nice Thai place, or a family Italian restaurant in New York.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Haha, good to see that you can find humour in America's lack of culinary skills. Btw, Canada's not any better... poutine anyone?
I mean, despite what much of MTF says, Americans aren't idiots. I've traveled to Europe, I know that the quality of food is better. But that said, American food is not all fast food and burgers. There are good places to eat here, I sure hope Djokovic has explored them when he is in cities like NYC and Miami. Indian Wells is out in the desert, there is not that much there, and the player/media cafeteria at IW was actually pretty bad.

But I didn't say there is a "lack of culinary skills" here. There are great chefs and cooks and fabulous restaurants all over the US that range from inexpensive sandwich shops to gourmet avant garde cuisine. But he is right that there is too much fast food, that a lot of our food is too bland, too genetically modified, etc. That's not an Anti-American statement, it's the honest truth. But many Americans, myself included, have high standards, shop at Farmers Markets, almost never eat fast food, etc. We're not all lazy idiots who don't appreciate good quality food. :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Oh, I know all about poutine, although I can't say I've ever had the pleasure of tasting it. Looks foul enough... I lived with a guy whose girlfriend was Canadian for a year. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts