Banned
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This generation's Lendl?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Re: Djokovic now 8-8 in slam finals

Ouch. There's no way around that. He'll hopefully build back toward a run that favorably and decisively tips that W-L. If not, he'll cement his place among the lower half of any list of tennis' greats.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts

He was completely outmatched today. Nothing he could do, or anyone could do, against this version of Stan. 8-8 is pretty bad though.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts

Djokovic will be remembered as a tennis player with massive talent but with a bad head and prone to surrender in tense moments. Sad if he doesn't close the Career Grand Slam because he deserves it, but today Stan was incredible.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Rafa is 14-6. Just saying. :wavey:

·
Registered
863 Posts

16 slam finals speaks to his talent and geniousness, BUT being 50% when it counts most also tells a story about the kind of competitor he is...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
14,454 Posts

He's not the strongest mentally. But the stat could be even worse.

Reactions: Xoil

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Djokovic: 8 / 8 In Slam Finals. How do you explain it?

This is quite astonishing. Nole is 8 wins 8 losses in 16 slam finals ... Will that define his career? Why do you think he keeps coming up short?

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

lol. I just posted something similar to this. Mods merge mine with this please

·
Registered
4,769 Posts

He has a subpar record in slam finals. His career trajectory tells me he will end with similar numbers to Lendl.

·
Registered
40,645 Posts

looks bad,some finals he was fairly beaten by his opponents,most he was beaten by himself

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Re: Djokovic: 8 / 8 In Slam Finals. How do you explain it?

That Jordan/Lebron argument, I lose some hope in humanity every time someone uses it seriously. But to your question, yep, better for Nole to lose in R1 than make it to the final.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Re: Djokovic: 8 / 8 In Slam Finals. How do you explain it?

That Jordan/Lebron argument, I lose some hope in humanity every time someone uses it seriously. But to your question, yep, better for Nole to lose in R1 than make it to the final.
Nobody suggested that. But why do you think he comes up short? Just bad luck? I don't think he got tight today. I do think he should not have lost that US Open to Murray ..

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

Yet he will still end up with 11-14 slams. must suck to be a hater.

1 - 20 of 320 Posts