Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, almost 3 years. Last one he lost was Cincinnati 2012 against Federer. In the meantime, he played in 9 finals, and won all 9!:eek:

Three wins over Nadal (including 2 on clay!), 2 over Federer, and 1 over Murray, Del Potro, Ferrer and Raonic, each.

Its getting a bit funny how ridiculously good he has been in masters, especially in comparison to slams in the same time-period (not that 3 slams in 2 and a half years are anything to scoff about, peak or no peak!).

Lets see if he can get to double-digits in consecutive wins in finals.:)

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
I can smell a 4 Slam + 9 Masters + World Tour Finals + Davis Cup season a mile away.. he would become the second best player of all times.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can smell a 4 Slam + 9 Masters + World Tour Finals + Davis Cup season a mile away.. he would become the second best player of all times.
No. But it sure is nice to daydream about it, no?;):p

I would be over the moon with half of that (of course, by that meaning 2 slams AND not losing his streak in masters final win:p).

·
Registered
18,406 Posts
He's be so good that they would have to make two separate references for him

1. Novak Djokovic (first part of career)
2. Novak Djokovic (second part of career)
3. Rod Laver
4. Pancho Gonzales
5. Roger Federer

But anyway, yeah. Novak has always been pretty consistent in Masters. And what is more incredible is that he can pretty much win anywhere against anybody.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Almost impossible but I still like dreaming about it. ;)

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Well, almost 3 years. Last one he lost was Cincinnati 2012 against Federer. In the meantime, he played in 9 finals, and won all 9!:eek:

Three wins over Nadal (including 2 on clay!), 2 over Federer, and 1 over Murray, Del Potro, Ferrer and Raonic, each.

Its getting a bit funny how ridiculously good he has been in masters, especially in comparison to slams in the same time-period (not that 3 slams in 2 and a half years are anything to scoff about, peak or no peak!).

Lets see if he can get to double-digits in consecutive wins in finals.:)
yes he is excellent in Master 1000 finals the last few years, although lets not go into the matter of GS finals..... ....

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
yikes you are in dream land

·
|
16,422 Posts
Is Djokovic really worth making a thread about?
The guy only has 8 slams, and his game is as boring as meatloaf (not the singer, the food) with absolutely no entertaining shot.
I understand threads about Nadal/Federer, but its a very boring day when we resort to threads about Djokovic, and just to say he's been winning masters finals? :lol:

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Is Djokovic really worth making a thread about?
The guy only has 8 slams, and his game is as boring as meatloaf (not the singer, the food) with absolutely no entertaining shot.
I understand threads about Nadal/Federer, but its a very boring day when we resort to threads about Djokovic, and just to say he's been winning masters finals? :lol:
:facepalm: :facepalm:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Impressive stuff :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts