Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Thiem's performance , and his upcoming match up against Diego potentially going all the way, there is no doubt in my mind that Nadal being fresh, will clear through to the finals. Djokovic will go through to the final and prevail over Rafa since he has an easier path, and Rafa would be coming from a potential gruelling battle against Diego/Thiem.

Nole will win his RG in 3 or 4 sets in the final.

No one has the level to stop these two.

·
Registered
17,787 Posts
would be an epic match for sure

better load up that arena

Reactions: Borkob90

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
has anyone asked Busta and Karen (Khachanov ofc) yet?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Djokovic first has Khachanov and then maybe PCB or a new unpredictable Altmaier

Don't look past the next nasal swab
Khachanov is a shadow of his 2018 self and he's regressed. Surely he's not beating 2020 Djokovic. PCB vs Nole might last a lot longer but as long as he doesn't get DQd(which he won't) he'll handle him. Altmaier despite being a Wawrinka lite, won't be able to handle Nole at the big stage in his first match in PC, experience goes to Nole, nor is there any indication that he can channel Staminal mode in his shots while playing.

I wanna believe that there is some threat for the remainder of the tournament to be interesting but it seems NID and inevitable.

And lol, @nasalswab , no way FFT and organisers are gonna stop the tournament if someone tests positive, too much money and pride involved.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Of course it is not NID, neither Djokovic has an easier projected path in Khachanov/Busta/Tsitsi, after Thiem's performance today.

Even if Djokovic made the final, he could e.g. amass two very tough 5-setters whereas Nadal could e.g. have a relatively quick 3 or 4-setter vs Sinner and then an easy SF vs tired winner of Thiem/Schwartzman.

·
Registered
17,787 Posts
Of course it is not NID, neither Djokovic has an easier projected path in Khachanov/Busta/Tsitsi, after Thiem's performance today.

Even if Djokovic made the final, he could e.g. amass two very tough 5-setters whereas Nadal could e.g. have a relatively quick 3 or 4-setter vs Sinner and then an easy SF vs tired winner of Thiem/Schwartzman.
And why would Schwartzman be tired?

If Djokovic amasses a 5-setter against Khachanov or PCB thats his fault, Rafa would dispatch them.

Reactions: fab1 and chilazon

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why is everybody so confident that Novak will make the final? His path is not easy! Nadal’s draw would be easier if not for Thiem! Kachanov on a good day can be trouble to anyone. Busta is at his peak and we all know what happened at the USO (im sure Nole would not want to face him). And Tsisi... we all know what he is capable of when on.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Generally I would agree that at peak level, the current era's 2 best clay courters should play in the final, however there is 1 obstable each at both sides: Tsitsipas for Djokovic and Schwartzman for Nadal.

Reactions: sav001

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Why is everybody so confident that Novak will make the final? His path is not easy! Nadal’s draw would be easier if not for Thiem! Kachanov on a good day can be trouble to anyone. Busta is at his peak and we all know what happened at the USO (im sure Nole would not want to face him). And Tsisi... we all know what he is capable of when on.
i disagree, I think Djokovic wants to face PCB again as soon as possible

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
And why would Schwartzman be tired?

If Djokovic amasses a 5-setter against Khachanov or PCB thats his fault, Rafa would dispatch them.
Khachanov? Who played exactly one good tournament in 2 years? Should take Novak into a fifth? You’re sometimes really delusional. I wouldn’t be surprised if this match is even easier than the Galan one.

·
Registered
769 Posts
No way Nole is losing more than 1 set till the finals

·
Registered
17,787 Posts
Khachanov? Who played exactly one good tournament in 2 years? Should take Novak into a fifth? You’re sometimes really delusional. I wouldn’t be surprised if this match is even easier than the Galan one.
I am playing along his hypothetical, you utter idiot. Learn to read. I couldn‘t have made it any clearer by saying it would be his fault if it were to happen.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Why are people acting like Djokovic is invincible just because he beat Ymer, Berankis and Galan 😂 he always finds a way to mess things up at the French and I don't expect this year to be any different

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Should be epic. But not sure if Djokovic will reach final. Upset can happen as his form is up and down at the moment. I will prefer Tsitsi vs Thiem final though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts