Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know Djokovic will come in 1000% focused and motivated again next year at RG, so Nadal will have less chances. If Novak had won, he may be a bit more relaxed and Nadal have more chances next year in RG 2016.

Discuss.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Well, Djokovic will be 29 at that point, the stage at which I've projected multiple times that he'll have a dip in form. Djokovic has really had a high level at RG for the past 5 years now and come up short every time. For how much longer can he keep up the battering ram? One thing's for sure, he is running out of time.

As far as Nadal is concerned, I think he'll be good to make at least the QF/SF next year but he'll again lose, probably to someone other than Djokovic.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Agreed. Best possible result this RG. Tennis is well and truly alive again.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
If Nadal finds any sort of form...Djokovic will get obliterated.

·
Registered
40,645 Posts
don't think i'll concern Rafa what Novak did or didn't do here,he's probably fishing.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nadal 9 RGs - 0 RGs Djokovic :wavey:

Nadal KNOWS how to win here.

Next year he will como VERY strong.He always do. :wavey:
I agree that Nadal will be back. I'm still saying it lowered his chance for next year. If you think he had 50% chance next year, Djokovic losing today may lower it to 40% because of extra motivation.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Novak's clay run here almost reminds me of Agassi's hardcourt run in 1995 when he won 4 hardcourt titles on the bounce and then reached the final of the US OPEN only to bump into a red hot Pete and lose in 4.I remember at the time when Agassi lost he was extremely dejected and said those titles in the lead up meant little to him at the time and he lost the one he badly wanted.

Wouldn't be surprised if next year Novak doesn't win Monte Carlo + Rome and just focuses on peaking for the French.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I doubt it makes a difference. Their RG matches are determined on how well Nadal is hitting DTL FH and whether conditions are high or low bouncing.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
don't think i'll concern Rafa what Novak did or didn't do here,he's probably fishing.
Pretty much this.

This result is bad only for Djokovic. After all those years trying to dethrone Nadal he finally defeated him and still he could not win RG... That's frustrating.

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
Novak's clay run here almost reminds me of Agassi's hardcourt run in 1995 when he won 4 hardcourt titles on the bounce and then reached the final of the US OPEN only to bump into a red hot Pete and lose in 4.I remember at the time when Agassi lost he was extremely dejected and said those titles in the lead up meant little to him at the time and he lost the one he badly wanted.

Wouldn't be surprised if next year Novak doesn't win Monte Carlo + Rome and just focuses on peaking for the French.
Except of course Agassi won in 1994 so he wasn't trying to do it for the 1st time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nadal will have nothing to lose next year. Their won't be this hype about "unbeatable". If he is physically ready he will beat Nole in 3-4 sets, because Djoker will be overwhelmed by the weight of pressure on him.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Nadal winning the french open next year will have nothing to do with how well Novak will be playing at the time.
If Nadal can roll bck the years and play his best tennis again, no one will stop him from winning it.

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
Everything is bad news for Nadal.

Knowing him, he will probably win a couple of more Slams, but more people are onto him after these last few months.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Pretty much this.

This result is bad only for Djokovic. After all those years trying to dethrone Nadal he finally defeated him and still he could not win RG... That's frustrating.
Djokovic didn't dethrone anyone. Nadal stepped off the throne himself.

·
Registered
16,697 Posts
You know Djokovic will come in 1000% focused and motivated again next year at RG, so Nadal will have less chances. If Novak had won, he may be a bit more relaxed and Nadal have more chances next year in RG 2016.

Discuss.
I told you guys Nadull will not win Roland Garros anymore. Period.

No chance, zero, nada.

He needs both Djokovic and Wawrinka to be injured to escape somehow them. He may beat even in his declined state every other player (Murray included), but these 2 guys will be waiting and guarding the trophy.

NO DECIMA for Rafito!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts