Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having been watching a bunch of super-hero movies lately, mostly the Marvel ones.

I realized, we only have one True SuperHero in tennis - Djokovic. And he is Iron Man!

No matter how many bullets you throw at him, he is unaffected. His defense is immaculate. And at the same time, he has huge attacking abilities and agility to move at super-sonic speed, and can pretty much do anything that any super-hero can. He is the strongest superhero and the most complete one.

Realizing I may be being too biased, I thought about Fed and Nadal. Well yes, they can also be considered superheroes. But I have to stop there, as nobody other than these 3 can be considered a superhero in tennis history in my opinion.

Nadal is Captain America. Superhuman strength, agility, and beyond all -- unwavering willingness to fight. Never backs down, keeps fighting, no matter how bad the odds are.

Federer is Thor, and his hammer is his Talent. Federer is the most talented player in tennis history, and his 20 slams prove it beyond doubt.

Honorable Mention: Kyrgios is Hulk. When he is playing well, Kyrgios can bagel any other tennis player in history. Thats when he is in the Hulk mode. The problem is he is rarely in Hulk mode, and tries hard to avoid being in that mode! :)

Thoughts? Ideas?

·
|
14,292 Posts
Unfortunately for you, arthroscopic pipe cannula removed it.
More like fortunately.
Nobody has been supportive of Djokovic than me.
I am the only person that predicted Djokovic would win the Australian Open and Wimbledon this year.
Even when Djokovic lost, I said Chung-Djokovic was the highest level match at the Australian Open, and that Djokovic would have won the AO if he beat Chung.
Even after Nadal had reached the Wimbledon SF I still said Djokovic was the heavy favorite-
Djokovic is the heavy favorite to beat Nadal in this Wimbledon SF, because of the physical damage Del Potro did to Nadal.
Nadal gained a lot mentally from beating Del Potro, but lost physically.
You cannot afford to lose your physicality when you are about to play Djokovic, the most physical opponent of all.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I tend to ignore your posts , full of repetitive gibberish (derailing every thread you enter), but at time I replied I couldn't resist.
I would rather like if you could save your support for other player, but that's ofc on you, not on me.

I can't agree with OP, Novak is very much human and I like that he has his flaws .

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Iron Man with a ticking time bomb in his elbow....
Surprise, surprise, look who's back on another Novak thread. FYI, as of this moment, most any impartial, unbiased tennis afficianado would pick the "ticking time bomb elbow" over a certain Mallorcan who seems to find a repeated excuse for his shortcomings at non-Clay HC/Faster surface GS's; e.g., see 2014 AO, 2017 WB, 2018 AO & 2018 USO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts