Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
He is different than both but his game depends on athletisism, mental strength and endurance which resembles Nadal more than Federer. His strokes however are very different than both Federer and Nadal.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is different than both but his game depends on athletisism, mental strength and endurance which resembles Nadal more than Federer. His strokes however are very different than both Federer and Nadal.
How to say VERY DIFFERENT?:)

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Game style?

Well, in terms of forehand, both Djokovic and Federer can hit it relatively flat. Both players are also able play the ball deep near the baseline. So in this department they share some broad similarity.

Backhands obviously Nadal and Djokovic, since they are two handers.

All three men are competent at volleys.

All three men have great footwork with Nadal and Djokovic probably better than Federer in recent times.

I don't know but IMHO they have different styles of play. But if you had to pick the closest, I guess Federer and Djokovic because of forehands I guess.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Game style?

Well, in terms of forehand, both Djokovic and Federer can hit it relatively flat. Both players are also able play the ball deep near the baseline. So in this department they share some broad similarity.

Backhands obviously Nadal and Djokovic, since they are two handers.

All three men are competent at volleys.

All three men have great footwork with Nadal and Djokovic probably better than Federer in recent times.

I don't know but IMHO they have different styles of play. But if you had to pick the closest, I guess Federer and Djokovic because of forehands I guess.
Almost the same for me

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
quite different than both but if I had to choose which one he is closer to, I would definitely choose Nadal. when Nadal hits flat (which is really not all that often although at the US OPEN 2010 he was doing it more frequently and non coincidentally playing more agressively) it actually is somewhat similar to some Djokovic shots.

Djokovic and Nadal are not that close in general but there is no way Djokovic's robotic strokes are at all familiar to Federer's elegant and beautiful point construction and ball striking.

the answer is Nadal but it's a bad question given he's not very similar to either

·
Registered
205 Posts
Djokovic and Nadal are not that close in general but there is no way Djokovic's robotic strokes are at all familiar to Federer's elegant and beautiful point construction and ball striking.

the answer is Nadal but it's a bad question given he's not very similar to either
this. not sure why OP asked this question, because djokovic's style really isn't that close to either of their styles. but obviously, if an answer must be forced, then it would be nadal.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts