Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
10,269 Posts
Except most of those losses have come at key moments, aka Slam Finals and Semi's :lol:

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Makes sense he finshed 2013 24-0 after losing the USO final to Rafa (he won Beijing, Shanghai, Paris, and London, and his 4 singles matches at the SF and F of the Davis Cup).

Now this year he's 37-4 (lost AO QF to Wawrinka, lost Dubai SF to Rogie, won Indian Wells over Rogie, won Miami over Rafa, lost Monte Carlo SF to Rogie, skipped Madrid, won Rome F over Rafa, lost FO F to Rafa, and won W title over Rogie).

He's 61-4 since losing in the USO F to Rafa last year. That's the past 10 months, he's definitely worthy of the current #1 ranking (8 titles). What he now does at Toronto, Cincinnati, and the USO will constitute what he's done in the entire past year and I expect good results from him at these 3 summer hard court events.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Yes and I'm not thinking Djokovic cares as much about the Dubai and Monte Carlo loses as much as losing in the AO and FO where he could've won his record 4th consecutive AO and 5th overall (surpassing Agassi and Rogie for most AO titles ever) and winning his first ever FO title, this would also put him at 9 grand slams overall this year and with a chance to win the 2014 CYGS at the U.S. Open.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
It's the economy, stupid. Correction, it's the majors, stupid. Winning events is good, but it's the quality of events that matters. Nothing is bigger that the majors. The Djoker has lost too many finals. Now that he has won one, let's hope he has turned a corner.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
4 losses in 10 months, wow, just wow.

Deserved #1. Keep it up Novak!

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
It is impressive, no matter how you look at it. GS curse final thingy has been broken yesterday. I expect him to be very strong till the end of the year and possibly win the USO 2014. I'm pretty sure he'll be playing freely from now on.

·
Registered
962 Posts
What are the 4 losses?
Nadal USO
Wawrinka AO
Federer MC
Nadal RG
??

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
It is impressive, no matter how you look at it. GS curse final thingy has been broken yesterday. I expect him to be very strong till the end of the year and possibly win the USO 2014. I'm pretty sure he'll be playing freely from now on.
wasn't a 'curse', Djokovic at his best is just not as good as some others players at their bests

it will remain the same

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Makes federer's match going 5 sets all the more impressive. Nole has been on a tear only losing to clay GOAT nadul..... stanimal in epic transformation at AO... and roger 2x in that span...

Then people saying fed has no shot at winning any more slams... lol... but i see nole not as succesful after he gets married and has his kid... priorities change

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Makes federer's match going 5 sets all the more impressive. Nole has been on a tear only losing to clay GOAT nadul..... stanimal in epic transformation at AO... and roger 2x in that span...

Then people saying fed has no shot at winning any more slams... lol... but i see nole not as succesful after he gets married and has his kid... priorities change
You forget that Djokovic was also taken to 5 sets by Cilic. And that yesterday's final could well had been over in 4 sets.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts