Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
How delusional can you Djokotards be to name all those players he didn't exactly play?

His draw at Wimbledon before the final:

Kohlschreiber - Kudla - Hurkacz - Humbert - Goffin - RBA

Absolutely embarrassing draw imagine having the audacity to name a 35 years old Kohlschreiber as a hard draw and a grass mug like RBA in a Wimbledon semifinal nonetheless.

His draw at Australian Open before the final:

Struff - Ito - Nishioka - Schwartzman - Raonic - injured Federer

Literally his punchbag Raonic being the hardest since Federer couldn't even move sideways yet this pusher was still on the verge of dropping the 1st set to him.

I've heard plenty delusion from this fanbase but this totally takes the cake you're using players that didn't even reach him as explication for playing mugs instead? LOL

Weren't you delusional tards pretending Federer had a cakewalk at Australian Open 2018? Going by your dumb logic Federer had one of the most brutal draws in Open Era since he was supposed to play R2 Struff, R3 Gasquet, R4 Raonic, QF Del Potro/Khachanov/Berdych, SF Djokovic/Thiem but we all know it doesn't work like that, it's based on who you play not who you're supposed to play.

Hilarious post, didn't expect anything else but still hilarious nonetheless.

Imagine using Federer's name who despite his obvious injury woes battled and reached Djokovic whereas Federer played Chung because Djokovic got absolutely roasted by the Korean.

As usual, ignoramus fails to mention Serb had just returned from last playing WB returning to AO w/ bandaged half arm (what happened next 2 years there, 🤡?) & yes AO18 & USO17 will go down certified as 2 of the biggest vultured majors in the modern era so Fraud should feel proud to enter the final defeating the ATG Chung.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Being the player that has won the most titles may make that player arguably the best but not necessarily the "greatest". The greatest - to me - very much includes how a player impacts tennis as a sport. I'd put Borg ahead of Djokovic in my list of all time greats even if Djoko breaks the slam record.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Good point & debatable as they obviously never faced each other & who knows if he could have gone on to set WB & FO records but the problem is it’s based on hypothesis.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Being the player that has won the most titles may make that player arguably the best but not necessarily the "greatest". The greatest - to me - very much includes how a player impacts tennis as a sport. I'd put Borg ahead of Djokovic in my list of all time greats even if Djoko breaks the slam record.
In that case it is you who should invent a new title for such player e.g. the most famous, popular, influential etc., rather than tennis community coining a new term for the greatest player ever, regardless for the all-time or just an open era.

It is pretty clear that one of the Fedalovic could end up being a new goat and another one the most successful or the best ever (boat) etc.

E.g. Nadal could be a new goat with 22-23 slams and Djokovic new boat with 20 slams but with the most big titles, weeks at no.1, better h2h etc.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
LoL gasping at straws.

·
Registered
591 Posts
LoL gasping at straws.
"gasping at straws"? Pretty funny if intentional! I stand by that statement. Borg had an enormous impact, lifted the sport into the modern world and made it much more popular. He stopped playing when he was 26 with 11 slams in the bag. And he never even played the AO! I guess my attempt to nuance the interminable Goat debate is futile.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Not certain at all the slam record will stay at 20. Think guy mentioning on the first page about Nadal is assuming he'll win RG and then at least another one and we can't discount him at US either. So there's a reasonable chance Rafa Nadal will finish on 22 slams by time career is out.

Smaller odds on Fed claiming another slam from somewhere but I thought he was done on 17 slams and don't think I was the only one.

Having to win potentially another 5-6 slams is a tough ask for any 33 + year old, even one like Djokovic. Last two US opens are a case in point, both matches he had to leave prematurely from for unforseen circumstances. People act like it will be the easiest thing in the world to do now given Fed had his purple patch for a year at 35 but I think Thiem's win will change the dynamics and we'll see the next generation really break though in 2021, can see another two slam winners.

Guess Nole will go all in for another 2-3 AOs but he dosen't quite have the invincibility there that Nadal has at RG (given he didn't win the event in 2014, 17 or 18).

Weeks number 1 he has in the bag though.

·
Registered
67,705 Posts
You sound like a bitter old man in this post. Not a good look.
Well I read your message and mine and yours sound way more bitter. Not going personal with your age either

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
This is actually a good thing because he has set a goal for himself. Meaning, he is aiming for something as far as his tennis career is concerned. After he won his first RG back in 2016, I feel that he was aimless and probably thought that he already achieved everything in Tennis. Now, he is on a mission again. Goodluck to the King of Tennis. May he achieve all the things that he aspires for.

·
Registered
67,705 Posts
That's not true, I guess if it makes you feel better okay, but if he gets to more slams he is a bigger champion.
He doesn’t have the attitude or class to be a champion. Maybe in a classless sport as football/soccer yes

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
"gasping at straws"? Pretty funny if intentional! I stand by that statement. Borg had an enormous impact, lifted the sport into the modern world and made it much more popular. He stopped playing when he was 26 with 11 slams in the bag. And he never even played the AO! I guess my attempt to nuance the interminable Goat debate is futile.
You're free to make your own list of whatever but putting Borg ahead of Djokovic in the GOAT list is simply... well, peculiar.

Borg was great, do not misinterpret me, but just not in the same league as Big3, sorry. It's so obvious it's painful to say.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
A real Spartan like the Djoker was on his way to break the weeks at number 1 record easily, and 40-15er needed Covid-19 – which Djoker also contracted and recovered from – and the tour and rankings being frozen for months, and yet he's still going to break them.

Djoker was also on his way to win another slam being undefeated for the year which would've been one of his easiest GS wins he would've won and a disgusting absolutely disgusting decission by an extremely incompetent dumb head referee who robbed this tournament of it's biggest star and instantly dropped millions of viewers arround the world – made to protect 40-15er's asteriksed record that is going to be broken not by one but two players anyway.

The records ARE going to be broken *, it is inevitable! Even Covid-19 or a DQ won't stop the Djoker who's on a mission. And we all know what happens when Djoker's on a mission, it won't be pretty and the records are going to be broken one by one making the pain and torture those 40-15er tards bear unsufferable.

Tennis needs a villain like Djoker, but when there's absolutely nothing left to be broken anymore 40-15er tards will say; Well uuuuuuh, well Djokovic is never going to be loved like our fraud 40-15er...

Like why in the world do you think that any Djoker fan cares for stuff like that is beyond me, popularity contests are as good as toiletpaper, wipe your ass and then forget about it forever.

*If he doesn't come under a spell of a love guru that is.

Reactions: ivanban and sav001

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
So, you become the greatest ever by stopping competing at slams before the 26th birthday.

Federer and Nadal were already arguably slightly greater than Borg by their 26th birthday, and they almost doubled their resumes in the next ten seasons.

Borg was arguably the goat when he stopped playing tennis, as was Sampras and then Federer, and it is a great reward and honour in its own right.

Nadal or Djokovic might never become goats even for a couple of seasons despite already amassing a lot more GS titles & finals and masters than ex-goats Borg & Sampras.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Nadal or Djokovic might never become goats even for a couple of seasons despite already amassing a lot more GS titles & finals and masters than ex-goats Borg & Sampras.
Talk about tard delusions 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
591 Posts
You're free to make your own list of whatever but putting Borg ahead of Djokovic in the GOAT list is simply... well, peculiar.

Borg was great, do not misinterpret me, but just not in the same league as Big3, sorry. It's so obvious it's painful to say.
If going by records alone, yes. But my list would be a list where the number of titles would not necessarily equal their position in my list. That was my point.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
If going by records alone, yes. But my list would be a list where the number of titles would not necessarily equal their position in my list. That was my point.
As already mentioned you can create your own list and name it "the most influential tennis players of all time" based on player's overall resume, popularity, impact on the game etc.

At the end of the day calling Borg greater than Laver or Rosewall would be pretty dubious IMO or any Fedalovic greater than the other if they all finish within a couple of slams from each other.

Winning the most majors is reward enough, and even that can be disputed by Borg's skipping of AO, more homogenized surfaces in Fedalovic's or Laver's time than Sampras' etc.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Fine, but that's just not a GOAT list, sorry. Djokovic has six GS more than Borg so far, no amount of flair and fainting fangirls could trump that.

41 - 60 of 136 Posts