Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.welovetennis.fr/atp-madrid/83178-djokovic-incertain

Selon les informations de Marca, Novak Djokovic a retardé son arrivée à Madrid en raison d'examens médicaux qu'il doit passer demain matin au poignet. En fonction des résultats, le Serbe décidera s'il participe ou non au tournoi madrilène.

English translation : According to Marca's news, Novak Djokovic has postponed his arrival to Madrid because of a medical exam that he will have to undergo tomorrow to his wrist. Depeding on the result, he will decide if he participates in this tournament.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Re: Djokovic is still suffering from his wrist, in doubt for Madrid

Poor Novak :(

All luck this Dull.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

Fuck this shit. :sobbing:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

He was stupid enought to enter Madrid instead of focusing into ROme. What a mug

·
Registered
18,862 Posts

In the Marca website, it doesn't say that Novak is still suffering from his wrist. It just says he wants to wait for the doctor's confirmation before going to Madrid, which will be tomorrow. There is no information about the state of his wrist at this moment.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

Why even thinking about playing Madrid? :eek: I said it long before, skip Madrid and if healthy try and play Rome to get some real practice and not risk anything for RG

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

In the Marca website, it doesn't say that Novak is still suffering from his wrist. It just says he wants to wait for the doctor's confirmation before going to Madrid, which will be tomorrow. There is no information about the state of his wrist at this moment.
You're right actually, it was just an assumption from myself, so I changed the title. :yeah:

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Hopefully the news will be good tomorrow, I hope we'll know more about the progress of his wrist!! But if it's not 100% healed yet I really hope he'll take the right decision for him and withdraw from Madrid, he needs to be 100% fit for RG :)

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Nole should not risk it. He NEEDs to win FO this year. The stars are aligned. Nobody cares about Mardid, and I can't even find it on a map, but that's a whole separate issue.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
In MC i said he never should of played with the way his wrist was. That only made it worst.

Now playing Madrid where he has litles points to defend is even riskier. Maybe its not as bad ias JMDP but its a wrist injury either its bad or its not. In seems it is.

He should rest for Rome so he doesnt make it worst thus having no chance for RG.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
So I've been told that if Djokovic withdraws before the first main-draw match, Isner gets his spot (seed #9). Isner would be replaced by Kevin Anderson (top unseeded player). Anderson replaced by a LL.

I've further been told that if Djokovic AND Federer BOTH withdraw before the first main-draw match (Fed for baby reasons, presumably), the entire draw could be redrawn because two of the top 8 seeds are out.

(In both cases, if main draw has already started, everyone who withdraws gets replaced by LL's.)

Are both/either of those scenarios accurate?

(NB: I personally think both Novak and Fed will play. But it's neat to think about possibilities, and I'm trying to learn about these things.)

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Tanking for #2 I see.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Murray will destroy him in the final if he's not 100% fit. He doesn't want to be carrying the mental baggage of a beatdown from one his his biggest rivals going in to the clay slam. Better to withdraw.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I've further been told that if Djokovic AND Federer BOTH withdraw before the first main-draw match (Fed for baby reasons, presumably), the entire draw could be redrawn because two of the top 8 seeds are out.
Really? I didn't know that. Let's hope it doesn't happen, anyway.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Really? I didn't know that. Let's hope it doesn't happen, anyway.
Well, that was why I was asking - I'm not sure if it's true.

In any event, main draw starts this afternoon in Madrid, so there's not much time left before it all becomes moot anyway.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts