Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fan of Djokovic but this hype is annoying. All these masters Djokovic won this year wont matter if he does not win more than 1 slam this year. All his success in past 3 years is shadowed by the fact that he could not win more than 1 slam per season. Player who wins 2 slams and 2 masters in single year is far more dominating than player who wins 1 slam and 5 masters. At the end no one cares how many masters titles Agassi and Sampras won, but everyone knows their slam count.

·
Banned
923 Posts
In this topic, sky is blue

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Aye, anyone even remotely reasonable finds fanboyish lunacy annoying regardless whether they like the player or not. But what you're gonna do :shrug:

As for prospects regarding winning more slams with Djokovic's start of the season, winning everything under the sun is a kind of two-edged sword IMO. It gives a player enormous confidence (as well as undermining the competition's), but there's also the issue of overplaying and not peaking when it matters.

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
Yes even as a Djokovic fan the extreme fanboying from certain posters and 'fans' is annoying. However what's also annoying is tards from other fanbases doing all they can to belittle Novak and his achievements.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I am fan of Djokovic but this hype is annoying. All these masters Djokovic won this year wont matter if he does not win more than 1 slam this year. All his success in past 3 years is shadowed by the fact that he could not win more than 1 slam per season. Player who wins 2 slams and 2 masters in single year is far more dominating than player who wins 1 slam and 5 masters. At the end no one cares how many masters titles Agassi and Sampras won, but everyone knows their slam count.
My prediction is that Novak will win 4 Grand Slams and 9 Masters 1000 tournaments in the 2015. Plus the WTF of course.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Aye, anyone even remotely reasonable finds fanboyish lunacy annoying regardless whether they like the player or not. But what you're gonna do :shrug:

As for prospects regarding winning more slams with Djokovic's start of the season, winning everything under the sun is a kind of two-edged sword IMO. It gives a player enormous confidence (as well as undermining the competition's), but there's also the issue of overplaying and not peaking when it matters.
His priority is Roland Garros, and it's coming soon, so I think he's peaking when it matters. It might cost him in the latter stages of the season but not now.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
If he wins more clay masters, IDK. Nadal used to pull it off but only the clay part, not AO/IW/Miami on top

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
yes. masters are a bit pointless for slam-winning players.

Reactions: RedHotRafa49

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Well, he didn`t lose a big match since Shanghai half a year ago. It is huge.

·
Registered
14,454 Posts
My prediction is that Novak will win 4 Grand Slams and 9 Masters 1000 tournaments in the 2015. Plus the WTF of course.

Are you named after Guybrush Threepwood? He was a bit of a clown as well :) :p

Reactions: rus59

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
It's not hype when you're winning. It's a fact. But yeah most of the threads here are annoying, even for myself

Still, this is MTF so knee-jerk reactions are at the order of the day here...

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
MTF has been pretty embarrassing lately, even for by its own standards.

I wonder if the players know that their so-called diehard fans are so delusional.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I have to agree. Yes hes been the best this year, yes hes been dominating. But talk of GOAT. And winning every slam is a bit premature.

He can do it. But still its early.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Media try to make a story and if you watch the matches there are not very great ones. Djokovic peak too early maybe for FO. Winning MS' and then lose at FO will be the worst thing for him. Nadal and Federer go slowly but surely. Djokovic has won MC,Madrid and Rome against Rafa but when it comes to FO it is completely different story. They put such a huge pressure on Novak and Rafa and Federer esp goes under radar. Yes he is old and can not play tennis since 2009. The same was for Rafa in 2013 and how he is going to win 20 GS. Well we know what happened.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts

I don't dislike Novak but this hype is just unbearable. He's not even playing that well (specially compared to 2011), is just that everyone else is sucking these days, and he's the only one who is having a decent level (kudos to him for taking advantage of it).
Of course all this hype is just being fueled by YodaSmokesCrack and his dog chico.

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
It's like this for every player.

If Raonic wins a Slam (holy shit, hopefully no), the forum will be full of Botnic's tards asking is he is going to win the CYGS next year and shit like that.
Kinda the same thing happened last year with Wawrinka. Same things happens when Federer wins a title, he suddenly becomes the favorite for the next Slam and then he loses against Seppi in R3.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
It kinda is getting a bit annoying. Every day is a thread about Djokovic winning CYGS now.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts

I don't dislike Novak but this hype is just unbearable. He's not even playing that well (specially compared to 2011), is just that everyone else is sucking these days, and he's the only one who is having a decent level (kudos to him for taking advantage of it).
Of course all this hype is just being fueled by YodaSmokesCrack and his dog chico.
That guy is the biggest culprit, utterly embarrassing poster.

·
Premium Member
21,327 Posts
It's like this for every player.

If Raonic wins a Slam (holy shit, hopefully no), the forum will be full of Botnic's tards asking is he is going to win the CYGS next year and shit like that.
Kinda the same thing happened last year with Wawrinka. Same things happens when Federer wins a title, he suddenly becomes the favorite for the next Slam and then he loses against Seppi in R3.
Yup, exactly. Anytime a player wins something biggish, let alone a couple of big matches and/or titles, there's a bandwagon coming along.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts