Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
45 winners in 28 games ( Rome ) but 43 winners in 40 games and 4 sets ( RG final.

From 45-16 domination to 43-44 bending, when Nadal is hitting more winners than you you know you're fucked

The worst part, He served more aces today as well, so he was averaging LESS THAN 1 WINNER PER GAME in rallies/volleys etc. Against Nadal. LOL :wavey:

Clownovic / Sickovic / Pushovic :clown:

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
I have said before and I will say it gain. Philippe Chatrier suits Nadal's game like no other court in the word. The bounce is ridiculously high and there is room for Nadal to chase down what are winners on any other clay court. Nadal can drop the ball short on Philippe Chatrier and still get away with it because of the crazy bounce.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
I have said before and I will say it gain. Philippe Chatrier suits Nadal's game like no other court in the word. The bounce is ridiculously high and there is room for Nadal to chase down what are winners on any other clay court. Nadal can drop the ball short on Philippe Chatrier and still get away with it because of the crazy bounce.
Of course.

Djokovic's reactions after some of those bounces were telling. He literally had to retrieve them from a tree.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Obviously, because Novak played much better in the Rome final than he did in Paris. He is putting too much pressure on himself to win the FO, which is part of his problem. Hiring Becker is still a distraction too. I think that if Novak does not win Wimbledon, Boris will be gone. At least, I hope so!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Obviously, because Novak played much better in the Rome final than he did in Paris. He is putting too much pressure on himself to win the FO, which is part of his problem. Hiring Becker is still a distraction too. I think that if Novak does not win Wimbledon, Boris will be gone. At least, I hope so!
100% this.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Since tennis is a dinamic game played by at least two faced players one of them always plays better when the other guy allow him to do so, you know? And after many years few players played well against Nadal in Paris. Pure coincidence, I guess.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yes exactly.

All the tards who complain about slow court speed homogenization, should really be complaining about the high bounce. Its not that courts are too slow everywhere. Its that the bounce is too high. You can have a very fast court, but with a high bounce, balls can still be chased down. This is the reason why Federer has succeeded indoors against Rafa: the low bounce. Not necessarily the faster speeds (although he likes that too)

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Nole has won 4 out of 17 sets against Rafa on that court. He will probably never beat Rafa... his best chance was last year and he choked

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
45 winners in 28 games ( Rome ) but 43 winners in 40 games and 4 sets ( RG final.

From 45-16 domination to 43-44 bending, when Nadal is hitting more winners than you you know you're fucked

The worst part, He served more aces today as well, so he was averaging LESS THAN 1 WINNER PER GAME in rallies/volleys etc. Against Nadal. LOL :wavey:

Clownovic / Sickovic / Pushovic :clown:
Not to start a flame war or anything, but IMO Rafa was not trying that hard in Rome. I don't mean he tanked necessarily. Just that he wasn't redlining like he did in Paris. Nadal has reached that stage of his career that Pete reached late where he no longer really cares about anything other than slams. He knows he can't push his body to the limit in every match due to age, so he has to conserve his energy for the matches he feels he can more easily win and those that mean more. He has enough clay court titles. He is using those now as tune ups for RG. That's exactly how this went down.

Did Novak put too much pressure on himself? Probably. He made a lot of mistakes. But again, winning 3 sets off Rafa is considerably more difficult than winning 2. And Rafa was clipping lines and using his forehand very aggressively. He was playing much better and because of that Novak was going for more and missing more. This is exactly what we used to see with Federer too. One winner isn't enough against Rafa so you just feel like to win a point you have to go for broke. No one can sustain that an entire match and that's how Rafa keeps winning these things. His game just has a much larger margin for error so is more consistent over long matches.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Extremely difficult to get the ball past nadal on this court. and it being slower than Rome didn't help

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I knew the Rome final was kind of flukey. He hit just too many winners, I knew he wouldn't repeat that performance.

Also, Nole peaks for smaller events like Rome, Rafa peaks for slams. Big difference. I expect Nole to win maybe Toronto and do well at Cincy and then Rafa routines him at USO.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Says it all really. He was a beast in Rome. Shame he is playing his best tennis at masters events these days :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts