Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's the player most consistent there. Don't forget Rafa has never defended a non clay title.

Novak is the favorite there. He should be full of confidence after the Wimbledon win!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Clearly the favourites are Novak first then Rafa but we need to see how Federer, Murray, Dimitrov, Stan are playing in the USO Series, one of them could easily win it if they find their A-game.

Right now the favourite is Djokovic vs Nadal final but one of them will probably not get there.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Obviously.

Best hard-courter in the open era, bearing none, when his head is right.

Guess what? His head is now right.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
I feel like Nadal's form is overrated ever since winning the French. This ENTIRE YEAR, he hasn't played as well as his US Open last year. He never recaptured that form, and the only reason he isn't slamess for 2014 is that Djokovic had an illness in the SF.

Nadal going into the USO in 2013 had lots of confidence after winning Montreal and Cincinnati, and lightning doesn't strike the same spot twice.

Djokovic is the favourite, and Dull is second.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Nole,fed nadal then murray

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he is world number 1...so of course he is, imo

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
too early to tell. wait for the rogers cup and cincy although he won wimby without playing any preparation tournament.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Obviously.

Best hard-courter in the open era, bearing none, when his head is right.

Guess what? His head is now right.
Right now yes.

In a month or facing Rafa in a Slam Final? Hummmmm

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not really. If Andy would have been in top form i think he might be favorite. You just never know how Nadal starts a tournament like this. He has such strange HC runs where he's normally mediocre but sometimes semi godlike. Nole is a generalist. I think he's the favorite at AO always but should take it as it comes in the other tournaments. But ok he's surely a contender here but maybe not the top contender.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not really. If Andy would have been in top form i think he might be favorite. You just never know how Nadal starts a tournament like this. He has such strange HC runs where he's normally mediocre but sometimes semi godlike. Nole is a generalist. I think he's the favorite at AO always but should take it as it comes in the other tournaments. But ok he's surely a contender here but maybe not the top contender.
What if he play Dimitrov or Stepanek in top form :devil: Murray favorit for the US open,funny stuff......:worship:

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.