Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sinds 2008, not counting matches which include external factors such as 2009, 2010, 2014 basicaly every loss.

Lets start with 2009 vs Roddick match where Djokovic retired. There is really not much room for discussion here sinds Djokovic won the first set. Obvious external factor influenced the match.

2010 vs Tsonga
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-01-28/djokovic-laments-illness-tsonga-rejoices/311610

Djokovic took 2-1 lead in sets, he told the umpire that he had to vommit in bathroom, after that he lost the match. Djokovic revealed afterwards he was sick.

Now comes the difficult part. What possible excuse can you give us now Yoda concerning the Wawrinka match you would ask? Well please allow me to explain.

For a long time I learned to accept that Djokovic lost AO 2014 until recently, I just had to ask meself, how in the world can prime Djokovic lose AO?

From my study I found out that Wawrinka had 2 bye rounds, meaning 2 retirements heading fresh into quarter finals. That is just ridiculous, what are the odds? This factor plays a huge role in the 5th set 9-7.

I dont want to make any excuses but these factors are huge just to ignore them. Thats why Djokovic has yet to be outplayed in a single match at the AO.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
He is the AO GOAT, no question. Nadal couldn't even beat him with an extra days rest and Nole half dead from the Murray match, apparantly he was in bed for hours the next day and still should have won in 4. Ouch.

As for the Stan loss, Stan did outplay him there. Djoker was pretty poor but Stan played well and deserved to win. But in his dominance at the AO Djoker has rarely been at his peak, which is scary for his opponents. 2011 was his best year there.

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is the AO GOAT, no question. Nadal couldn't even beat him with an extra days rest and Nole half dead from the Murray match, apparantly he was in bed for hours the next day and still should have won in 4. Ouch.

As for the Stan loss, Stan did outplay him there. Djoker was pretty poor but Stan played well and deserved to win. But in his dominance at the AO Djoker has rarely been at his peak, which is scary for his opponents. 2011 was his best year there.
Stan played phenomenal but I'm having a hard time to accept the loss because of external factors.

Thread deleted count: 14
Why if I may ask?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I agree with the OP. Since 2008, nobody has beaten Djokovic in straight sets at the Australian Open.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
:facepalm:

Djokovic never outplayed....except when he lost....but then other circumstances lead to him losing....

:rolleyes:

Look I like Djokoivc too, but these are getting crazy. This up there with 'Healthy Nadal does not lose'

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Peak Djokovic had a bye round in 2011 French Open but lost to declining old mug Federer. But any problem cannot be found, no?

For a long time I learned to accept that Djokovic lost AO 2014 until recently, I just had to ask meself, how in the world can prime Djokovic lose AO?
Delusion. Can you refrain from making these shit Djokodick sucking threads?

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm amazed how many of you call it dicksucking or nut for that matter, yet people are shocked when another human being use the same words, Djokovic in this case.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know about Novak but Federer was never outplayed anywhere - only outgrinded, outlasted or outrunned
Outrunned on slowcourts? Also outlasted and outgrinding are basically the same. Please just accept the straight sets beat down.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Roddick destroyed Djokovic in that match, just FYI. Then Djokovic claimed the heat was getting to him and retired.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Actually, Djokovic was outplayed here by Safin in 2005 and by Federer in 2007 (I don't remember against who he played in 2006).
I know you make start you thread from 2008, but that's, in my opinion, a big difference with Nadal at the FO if you try to make Djoko a kind of "king" of the AO and unbeatable player there.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Actually, Djokovic was outplayed here by Safin in 2005 and by Federer in 2007 (I don't remember against who he played in 2006).
I know you make start you thread from 2008, but that's, in my opinion, a big difference with Nadal at the FO if you try to make Djoko a kind of "king" of the AO and unbeatable player there.
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Djoko in 2005!http://plazbovo.free.fr/images/chronopen/2005/2005-bercy-djokovic.JPG

You don't need to be a tennis fan to see the obvious difference in body build between Nadal and Djokovic. His body matured later, even after he won Australia he still cramped, he had problems with breathing - hence an operation, he was skinny and is not durable under heavy heat and humidity. Even today he has problems with the sun but luckily for him SF ad F are usually later in the day! Look at the last tournament Miami - he was breathing heavy under the sun - luckily it is only 2 of 3 sets.

For me Nadal is the strongest player of the ATP, Federer after him.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.