Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Flying scotsman's" best surface against "slipovic's" worst. Just how is this even possible? ;)

Discuss. :D

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Any problem cannot be found.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Nothing to discuss. Murray has just been plagued by bad draws against Rafa, his nemesis. If not for Rafa and Roger and Roddick and Dimitrov, Murray would have 5 Wimbledons.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Nothing to discuss. Murray has just been plagued by bad draws against Rafa, his nemesis. If not for Rafa and Roger and Roddick and Dimitrov, Murray would have 5 Wimbledons.
If this isn't sarcasm, you are one delusional fan.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Same way Djokovic has 0 slams on his 2nd best surface and Federer has one on his worst, it's just the way it goes sometimes.

Is Murray really that much better on grass than hard? I could argue it only appears that way because the field is much weaker on grass than it is hard courts, most of his best tennis has been played on hard courts.

I think Murray is equally good on hard as he is grass.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts

H2H: 2-0 Grassray.

·
12,691 Posts
When ppl say Murray is the better grasscourter they mean that he plays the better grass court tennis which is true. Djokovic is just the better player overall and it shows. Nothing to discuss.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
i wouldn't mock grassray. he went down to a future grass legend dimitrov.

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Double? Is that for a stronger effect than just saying one?
Sure, you say tomatO I'll say tomato. Fact remains Murray has less GS titles on grass which is according to you guys his best surface in comparison to Djokovic's worst (again as per Murray fans).

Care to provide an explanation then?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Doubles the titles with 1% of the significance.

Djokovic was just another great tennis player winning Wimbledon a couple of times, Murrays was historic.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
So? Murray will win more Wimbledons. I'm confident of that. If Djokovic has more Wimbleodon titles than Murray when their careers are over I will be surprised.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Djokovic isnt the grass mug MTF makes him out to be. SF, W, SF, F, W is by far the best record of the big 4 there this decade...

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Djokovic isnt the grass mug MTF makes him out to be. SF, W, SF, F, W is by far the best record of the big 4 this decade...
Thank you, that was the point of this thread (not the semantics of my language), will he finally gain some respect here on grass?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Djokovic isnt the grass mug MTF makes him out to be. SF, W, SF, F, W is by far the best record of the big 4 there this decade...
Exactly.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts