FO: 42-10  80.76%
WI: 45-8   84.91%
US: 45-8   84.91%

Nadal:

AO: 41-8  83.67%
FO: 66-1  98.50%
WI: 39-8  82.98%
US: 41-8  83.67%
Nadal arrived on the tour 2 years earlier than Djokovic but also became a slam contender 2 years earlier than Djokovic, so it evens out.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
962 Posts
14>7

·
Your visions will happen
47,112 Posts
Total results:

Djokovic- 175-32= 84.54%
Nadal- 187-25= 88.21%

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Noles's game general balance shields him more from early rounds upsets (and so wins him more matches in the process), but Nadal is the better performer at late stages; hence their Slam rate of conversion: In GS Finals Nadal is 14-6, Djokovic 7-7; in GS Semis, Nadal is 20-3, Djokovic is 14-9...

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha, so many Dulltards rushing to defend their idol

Nadal's total slam record is inflated by his freakish clay obsession. Clay as a surface never obeyed the original tenets of tennis. It rewards defensive play, where outrunning the opponent is a viable strategy. This is not a viable strategy on 'real' surfaces.

Total results:

Djokovic- 175-32= 84.54%
Nadal- 187-25= 88.21%
again, inflated by his clay record.

Noles's game general balance shields him more from early rounds upsets (and so wins him more matches in the process), but Nadal is the better performer at late stages; hence their Slam rate of conversion: In GS Finals Nadal is 14-6, Djokovic 7-7; in GS Semis, Nadal is 20-3, Djokovic is 14-9...
If we take clay out of the discussion, then their records in finals are: Nadal 5-6, Djokovic 7-5. In semis: Nadal 11-3, Djokovic 14-5. And so on.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Errr, so Nadal's two titles at the US Open is worse than Djokovic's one title there?

Yes, I'm sure Novak agrees with you too...

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Today must be stupid thread monday.

Z

·
0 Posts
It isn't surprising. Djokovic is the better player on hard court and even grass in my opinion. He's definitely more consistent on grass. I expect him to retire with more slams at Australian, Wimbledon, and US Open.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Errr, so Nadal's two titles at the US Open is worse than Djokovic's one title there?

Yes, I'm sure Novak agrees with you too...
he'll agree with me after he wins the USO this year :cool:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
hahaha, so many Dulltards rushing to defend their idol

Nadal's total slam record is inflated by his freakish clay obsession. Clay as a surface never obeyed the original tenets of tennis. It rewards defensive play, where outrunning the opponent is a viable strategy. This is not a viable strategy on 'real' surfaces.

again, inflated by his clay record.

If we take clay out of the discussion, then their records in finals are: Nadal 5-6, Djokovic 7-5. In semis: Nadal 11-3, Djokovic 14-5. And so on.
you are aware that tennis has been played on clay as well as grass since the very beginning, right?

some of the oldest tennis tournaments on the planet are played on clay and always have been

you also are aware that your opinion on clay is subjective right?

for example, someone could just as easily say the same about hard courts since the bulk of Djokovic results are on HC. take away HC results from Novak and take away clay results from Nadal and Nadal is the one with the much better resume remaining. which is particularly interesting considering that HC events are by far the most numberous and popular on tour

nice try

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
It isn't surprising. Djokovic is the better player on hard court and even grass in my opinion. He's definitely more consistent on grass. I expect him to retire with more slams at Australian, Wimbledon, and US Open.
more consistent on grass the last FEW**** years, yes

overall, no, not really

Nadal made 5 straight finals (he didn't play in 2009 but of the ones he played) at Wimbledon from 2006-2011. pretty consistent. the last few years, no, but one could easily flip the script and take the the first, say, 5 years of Novak's career and point out the incredible up and down nature of it lack of consistency at certain slam events

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well Rafa has only won 5 slams outside of the French Open and clay is not a real tennis surface, Djokovic is a more rounded player compared to Rafa.

Z

·
0 Posts
more consistent on grass the last FEW**** years, yes

overall, no, not really

Nadal made 5 straight finals (he didn't play in 2009 but of the ones he played) at Wimbledon from 2006-2011. pretty consistent. the last few years, no, but one could easily flip the script and take the the first, say, 5 years of Novak's career and point out the incredible up and down nature of it lack of consistency at certain slam events
I don't put that much weight into finals. Nadal never had to face Federer in the semis like Djokovic did in 2012. And his prime didn't start until 2011. They're somewhat tied right now with 2 titles, but I don't see Djokovic slowing down and losing in the first or second round next year.

Nadal has 5 finals, but outside of those it's all early exits. Djokovic has made 6 semis and Nadal has only made it past the fourth round 5 times. Djokovic has done that 7 times already, so to me he is more consistent.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Well Rafa has only won 5 slams outside of the French Open and clay is not a real tennis surface, Djokovic is a more rounded player compared to Rafa.
Nole has won only 3 slams outside of AO and only 2 slams outside of HC.And clay is a real surface while HC isn't.I just don't understand how people can come with such BS about clay not being a real surface.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Djoko is better. End of thread.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts