Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.tenisdunyasi.net/haber/novaktan-marsele-sms-1722

Novak asked to Marsel Ilhan with SMS (ATP no 113) for wildcard in future tournament for his brother Marko Djokovic.

"Marcel, happy new year! Wish you all the best in 2012. I am texting you regarding you My brother Marko. He was playing some futures in Antalya and earned 10 points. But he wasnt playing for one year because of surgery. In this moment he is still not in main draw of tournaments in the same place in Antalya! Main draw starts on 16 jan. i want to ask you if you can somehow ask the Turkish Federation for WC main draw for him that week or any other week. he would play to 2-3 weeks there. his name is Marko Djokovic. please let me know. thank you. Novak Djokovic."

Then he sent another SMS to Can Uner who has been coach of Marsel.

"Hello Can Uner. Yes, it would be great of we can have two WC (16 jan and one week after) If not, then one would be good as well. Thank you and sorry for disturbing."

Marsel said about it to federation but tournament director rejected it because of Marko's coach Nikola Jovanovic. Marko played some tournaments in Turkey at the end of 2011. At one of those tournaments Jovanovic got into a unpleasant discussion.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the number #1 of the world. He asks wildcard to ATP no 113, then gets rejected. :devil:

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Djokovic what a disgusting human being. Good thing he is exposed like that :haha:

Classic thread :yeah:

·
Your visions will happen
49,302 Posts
SMS?

Come on Nole, be a man and call, let them hear your voice (though Australia time zone may affect). I doubt they'd refuse a request from Federer or Nadal.

Or maybe it is the coach's fault? Who knows what brouhaha occurred in Turkey last year with the coach.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Shame on him for asking a very small favor for his beloved brother!

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
:rolls: :haha: I don't know which is funnier: the info itself or the fact that they made it "news". :facepalm:

EDIT: or some of the replies here. :lol:

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
What an asshole, trying to help out his brother :rolleyes:

His messages were friendly even, what the fuck is wrong with you people?

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
First of all, is this really true?
Secondly, it is a cultural thing. Helping family and friends above all is natural for someone coming from the Balkans, while doing things this way is corruption for people in other cultures.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
What's wrong with asking some help for your younger brother? :confused:

Ah. Troll Attempt. Fail.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Nice story
Now all we need is Novak's dad and uncle to pay a visit to the man who dared turn him down and it will give you an even better follow-up troll opportunity

·
Registered
21,925 Posts
If it was Nadal Uncle Toni would have had the Turkish federation shut down, Djokovic has a lot to learn about mafia politics.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
They better beware. Nole just wrote their names in his Death Note.

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is true. I know the site owners and they have strong contact with both Marsel and his coach. Can Uner said about it to site owners. I have contact with them also.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
This is true. I know the site owners and they have strong contact with both Marsel and his coach. Can Uner said about it to site owners. I have contact with them also.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts