·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The atp website said he was the first to qualify so I guess their wrong

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
How much longer will it be until Rafa and Rogie quaify as well?
Nadal is qualified, Federer needs a decent showing in America. Though it matters not, in practice he is qualified already.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Good and that's likely with his current form, he missed Canada in 2013 so he can gain a bit here and Cincinnati in 2013 I think he lost to Rafa in the QF, so again he can gain and for that matter he lost to Robredo in the 4th round at the 2013 USO so he can also gain here, these next three events are big for Rogie.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I remember in the past that a slam winner was automatically qualified... did that change?

If not, Novak is the third one after Stanislas and Dull.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Nadal was already qualified before him... Is this a mistake or I'm missing something?

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Good news. He'll have more than enough time to prepare for his year-end peak.

·
28,475 Posts
He's 3rd I believe. Rafa was in for a while and Stan is too since he only needs to finish top 20.

Still, congratulations to him.

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
FAIL TITLE since Rafa had already qualified right after the French. See what happens when u read an article that wrongly claims Djoker being the first to qualify and repeat and spread rubbish...

anywho, still a great achievement (was just busting ur chops)... but if you we're giving a shout out for being the first then that honor goes to Rafa, not Djoker.

·
23,064 Posts
The problem is ATP is saying he was the first. To tell the truth, I really don't remember ATP saying that Nadal qualified after RG but I thought it was because it was just implied. I wonder if they would correct later.

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
ATP itself said about Rafa that he qualified, is not like I was keeping score :shrug:

ATP also had a picture of Nole for Rafa and Stan for Nole so, what do we know.....:scratch:

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
I remember in the past that a slam winner was automatically qualified... did that change?

If not, Novak is the third one after Stanislas and Dull.
I think it's not automatic you get in as a GS champ. IIRC only one non-top 8 GS champ could get in, the highest ranked of them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts