Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Congrats. I feel Fed deserved it too as he should've won Rome and MC had it not been for dull blocking him everytime in his prime and faker in his post prime.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: Djokovic first in History to have on all mandatory event at least once.

And what's more interesting Novak needs one more RG and Cincy to at least double all that.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
BOAT, isn't he? Congratulations.

Funny, that he had to play six matches not five and defeat the champions of the last 3 editions along the way to win Cincinnati.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Re: Djokovic first in History to have on all mandatory event at least once.

And what's more interesting Novak needs one more RG and Cincy to at least double all that.
That's pretty cool. I doubt he'll prioritize winning Cincy again, though. :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yes, this is the real record. Funny how all the media and the Cincinatty tour officials all missed it in place of the lesser equaling of Lendl's record...

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
.. Fantastic achievement.

He's won all the 'Big Clay' titles + all the 'Big Hardcourt' titles.

He's made the final of the 4 grasscourt tournaments- Halle,Queens,Wimbledon,Nottingham as well.

Hope he launches a take-no-prisoners full out assault at getting that Gold at Tokyo 2020 as it's the only thing missing from his trophy cabinet.

Then he'll have won everything.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Federer lost 4 finals in Monte Carlo and Rome each... 5 of those losses came against nadal. One against mantilla (whoever the fuck this was) one against wawrinka and the most recent against djokovic in 2015. he had a decent chance to win mc in 2014 and should’ve won Rome in 2006 but... he’s a mental midget. Nothing to do about that. And he’ll probably never get the chance to complete the set. Really should’ve played on clay this year. Skipping it didn’t help at all...

·
Registered
370 Posts
.. Fantastic achievement.

He's won all the 'Big Clay' titles + all the 'Big Hardcourt' titles.

He's made the final of the 4 grasscourt tournaments- Halle,Queens,Wimbledon,Nottingham as well.

Hope he launches a take-no-prisoners full out assault at getting that Gold at Tokyo 2020 as it's the only thing missing from his trophy cabinet.

Then he'll have won everything.
He should make his 2020 schedule the year of the 4 GS and the Olympics, minimal waste of energy on the other tournaments. No exhibitions and sponsor events. Heck, even Wimbledon 2020 should be treated as a mere warm-up tournament for the Olympics...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I dont know what is more impressive to me, the fact he did it in less time than his two greatest rivals, who as we know have not accomplished this, or that he also won all these titles between 2015-2018. But, Novak still doesn't have the Olympic Gold in singles, so cue those folks who will claim that medal is more important than masters/wtf/slams.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
And that is why Nole should be greatly respected by all - how well-rounded he is. He trails Nadal by 2 M1000 I believe, but all M1000 trumps 33 by leaps and bounds. Not even close, and they were spread over all surfaces.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts