Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

So he's back on this kick again I see. Don't think it needs explaining. Explains itself. Saying we can turn toxic fluids into healing substances is right up there with hugging a tree, believing in levitation and talking to and sending a bowl of hot, cooked, prepared rice good thoughts.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
oh Novak :confused:

·
6,667 Posts
Fluff piece.
What is Nole actually saying here?
I don't necessarily support alternative medicine, as I have a scientific background, but Nole is entitled to his views.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,626 Posts
Djokovic must come from the planet Dune. I know they have the spice orgy there as a test for becoming Reverend Mothers. The water of life/sandtrout drowning vomit is toxic if drunk but powerful enough Bene Gesserit sisters can convert the metabolites with their minds to become innocuous.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fluff piece.
What is Nole actually saying here?
I don't necessarily support alternative medicine, as I have a scientific background, but Nole is entitled to his views.
He certainly is, but that doesn't mean he's exuding any sense of sanity. As for it being a "fluff piece", the screenshot is not from that article. It's from a different article that I chose not to post because it was more about him responding to critics, which would have assuredly steered the thread off-topic.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Djokovic is not crazy. They also said Jesus was crazy at first, and Jesus now has billions of followers.

·
Your visions will happen
50,035 Posts
So Mirka and Uncle Toni hired a new guru to stop Djokovic, excellent plot twist during the corona

We all know what happened when he went with Pepe. We will see if Djokovic fires his team again

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
If you check Djokovic's career statistics, you'll find that Djokovic wins grand slams in bunches, then doesn't, then does again, and so on, he's just won 5 of the last 7, so he's due to not win grand slams again!!

Examples: 2011 AO-2013 AO, he won 5 of 9, 2014 W-2016 FO he won 6 of 8, and now from 2018 W-2020 AO he won 5 of 7!! He won 16 of 24, that is an amazing stat, but in between he also goes through periods on grand slam droughts... 2008 FO-2010 USO and 2016 W-2018 FO are some big examples of this!!

I think he won't possibly win another grand slam until late 2021 (2021 USO perhaps), we'll see...

Your thoughts??

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
So Mirka and Uncle Toni hired a new guru to stop Djokovic, excellent plot twist during the corona

We all know what happened when he went with Pepe. We will see if Djokovic fires his team again
Djoker has to be the strangest GOAT type player ever. He cried after having surgery on the elbow. Agassi told him to have surgery, but he refused for spiritual reasons, and that cost him months, allowing Federer and Nadal to dominate again. Another guru has got a hold of him. This is just sad. The guy is smart, so why does he follow these charlatans? Without surgery, his career would be over, instead he has won 5 of the last 7 majors.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Djokovic goes in phases, wins a bunch of grand slams in a period, then goes into some droughts, he's due for a drought now!!

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
If you check Djokovic's career statistics, you'll find that Djokovic wins grand slams in bunches, then doesn't, then does again, and so on, he's just won 5 of the last 7, so he's due to not win grand slams again!!

Examples: 2011 AO-2013 AO, he won 5 of 9, 2014 W-2016 FO he won 6 of 8, and now from 2018 W-2020 AO he won 5 of 7!! He won 16 of 24, that is an amazing stat, but in between he also goes through periods on grand slam droughts... 2008 FO-2010 USO and 2016 W-2018 FO are some big examples of this!!

I think he won't possibly win another grand slam until late 2021 (2021 USO perhaps), we'll see...

Your thoughts??
With the Corona virus disrupting things, who knows what will happen. The time off could recharge Djoker's batteries for another big push, or he could come back with the passion not as intense. The injury played a part in him falling off last time, but another factor was passion for the game, it was not there, and people tend to forget that. He is healthy now, but will the passion for the game be the same once play resumes? We have no way of knowing.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Djokovic goes in phases, wins a bunch of grand slams in a period, then goes into some droughts, he's due for a drought now!!
I agree with that assessment, but these are not normal times. After winning 4 in majors a row, Djoker was burned out. This time he has 5 in 7. This covid-19 induced break could play to his advantage, but we just don't know.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts

It was always clear that Djokovic can easily be neutralized by a random fake guru. I'm saying this for years. The only reason Federer did not do it earlier is because he needed Djokovic to fuck around with Nadal as long as possible.

You have to admire Federers brilliance. The grifter really has outdone himself with his evil plan:

1. Come up with a charity tournament and lure in Bill Gates to participate
2. With Gates know how and resources, it was easy to set up the plan to spread a virus around the world. Its win win, Gates can cash in with the vaccine, Federer can stop tennis and proceed with his operation to become a bionic robot that can play for ages to come.
3. The rest really was a piece of cake. That Djokovic finds nutcases to worship is just the natrual flow of things if he has enough time on his hands. And Nadal was prohibited from playing tennis for a long time, hence being rusty and will never reach his level again.

In the end, all left to say for this epic heist is:

20 > 19 > 17

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
From the article:

The two “brothers” will talk about an alternative way to boost immunity with the help of substitute medicine, lifestyle, and physical and mental wellbeing during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Boosting one's immune system by eating healthy food, getting moderate exercise, taking important vitamins (like D3), getting plenty of sleep, lowering stress, etc., is hardly a new or controversial idea. So, even if Djokovic does go off the deep end at times, this topic sounds pretty sensible.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts