Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Djokovic fan, i think i would take that trade. I wonder if both players would take it also?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I am not a Djokovic fan, but most Djokovic fans would not be happy with that outcome. They'd want Djokovic to win both of those Slams.

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
No, I would not trade.
Djokovic is on a winning series (despite the USO default as that was just a unique accident) and he should use as many chances to score more GS triumphs as he can.

If you'd ask the same in 2 years and Novak would have still not won the French for a second time, then I gladly say yes.
Not for now.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I am not a Djokovic fan, but most Djokovic fans would not be happy with that outcome. They'd want Djokovic to win both of those Slams.
I'd be happy to trade those titles. My preferred choice would be to take now RG title and next year everything except AO 🥰🥰🥰
Tripple complete slam count 💪💪💪

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
As already said on the other thread, I think that this "barter" of titles is a matter of fanboys but never of players.

And of course, I don't think Djokovic (nor Federer) would trade a single one of his WTFs for a gold Olympic, for obvious reasons.

Likewise, Federer would not trade his Gold double medal with Stan of 2008 ... because beyond that, in the middle of a year of severe crisis, she opened up hope to him and finally the achievement of a 5th US Open consecutive title, and that .. with hindsight, needless to say that it is priceless.
This is the concrete meaning of a real time medal.

Generally speaking, I think that this swap of titles is a fan affair .. no player wants to give up one of his titles, because it is an integral part, in good times or not, of his history.

Would Massu, who actually experienced the intense ecstasy of Olympic gold, exchange it for a GC title which for him was in any case unimaginable and does not mean anything?

.. not sure.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sure. They both deserve DCGS and if Novak wins tomorrow he will break Federer's 310 weeks as the number 1 record, so it would actually be a nice outcome.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Nole fans will trade FO 20, AO 21, FO 21 for second Nole Slam in 2021-22.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
At these levels, i don’t think trading majors has any relevance, Novak is attempting to do what has never been accomplished at FO while retaining the reputation as serious contender for HC GOAT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts