Mens Tennis Forums banner

What will you do post Djokovic.

• I will continue to watch tennis year round, no matter the player.

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • I will watch tennis a lot specifically when ________ is playing

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I will watch tennis occasionally maybe only slams.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I may watch a match or two if it is important

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once Djokovic retires , I won't be interested in tennis...

Votes: 2 7.7%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for all the Djokovic fans. Is there any next gen player or any other player who will take the place of Novak?

Djokovic is a legend of the game and may end up with the most of everything... nothing is saying he will stop any time soon.. as he has the best fitness and health of most players. He is still probably the favorite for most events he enters. He also is an endearing character who you either hate , love , respect, or are indifferent about.

He is a warrior at heart and has come from a wide eyed boy watching Sampras lift the Wimbledon trophy to lifting the trophy himself... He has coming from nothing to being one of the best tennis players of all time.

This isn't a farewell to Novak, far from it. But what is next for you Novak fans? Will you continue to watch tennis? Is there a specific new player you support? Or will tennis end, when Novak ends?

I put in a few poll options.

For me there unfortunately will never be a replacement for Novak. Coric is the closest thing to Djokovic..... but really the poor man's Djokovic at best. But no one can do what he does. Ill continue to watch tennis post Djokovic , since I support more than 1 player.... but there is no other Djokovic for me...

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Novak is irreplaceable. After he retires, I will never be a fan of another tennis player. I also won't watch tennis as much after Novak retires. I may still watch some big matches for entertainment, but I definitely won't care anymore who wins.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
since novak is the greatest mofo tennis has ever seen it's rather pointless to watch tennis once he's retired me thinks.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
since novak is the greatest mofo tennis has ever seen it's rather pointless to watch tennis once he's retired me thinks.
True. Even if I do watch tennis after Novak retires, it will probably only be a few times per year...maybe.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I never enjoyed tennis as a sport. Rather i enjoyed the glory hunting associated with being a fan of a particular athlete that doesnt even know i exist. The sense of success (i get) when he wins is pretty astounding.

I still dont understand the rules but being a fan of Djokovic is the closest ive ever got to actually achieving anything.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Serbia will still have new players to fall behind but it won't be the same, the same will happen to Spain (apparently) and Switzerland. Fans - nationalistic tards and tennis in general will enter a phase of some sort of depression. Italy, Canada and Russia (and fake russians) will rise as the new tennistic powers, but that will take time to sink in if ever . Many on suicide watch and a massive jump ship .

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Serbia will still have new players to fall behind but it won't be the same, the same will happen to Spain (apparently) and Switzerland. Fans - nationalistic tards and tennis in general will enter a phase of some sort of depression. Italy and Russia and fake russians will rise as the new powers, but that will take time to sink in if ever . Many on suicide watch too .
Umm, not every Novak fan is Serbian.

·
Registered
766 Posts
For me there will be still interesting players to watch when Djokovic finish his career, but I don't expect such thing to happen for at least another 2-3 years.
I enjoy watching Schwartzman, FAA, de Minaur, Kecmanovic, Krajinovic, Pouille, Dimitrov

·
Premium Member
12,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For me there will be still interesting players to watch when Djokovic finish his career, but I don't expect such thing to happen for at least another 2-3 years.
I enjoy watching Schwartzman, FAA, de Minaur, Kecmanovic, Krajinovic, Pouille, Dimitrov
That's a diverse group of players.

I know there are about 30 other Novak supporters here, what are your thoughts?

I have a feeling most people will quit tennis post Novak.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
be honest, hypechi: do you really care?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I will achieve nirvana by then so no worries for me.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I don't know, there are other players I like, but my interest in tennis will decline at least for some time for sure. During the 2017 season I barely watched the slams(I did follow the results and watched a couple of big matches, only the highlights though), and at times checked result at other tournaments, so something like that to happen when he retires, maybe it won't be the case, no need to dwell on that now really.

·
Registered
21,142 Posts
I tried to make me like some NextGen players, but they are all no real deals without any tennis substance.
Maybe Tsitsipas could be a likeable character with a proper game, but he is also too prone to moods and lets the moment affect his performance usually.

I probably will watch big matches after Novak retires, but only at slams and only from the quarters...

·
Premium Member
12,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
be honest, hypechi: do you really care?
Yep I do. I'm a Novak fan... may not seem like it.

But I completely respect him as a sportsman and a legend of tennis.

People may hate on him all they want but Novak has elevated the sport of tennis on his own. People are foolish if they think otherwise.

·
Premium Member
12,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried to make me like some NextGen players, but they are all no real deals without any tennis substance.
Maybe Tsitsipas could be a likeable character with a proper game, but he is also too prone to moods and lets the moment affect his performance usually.

I probably will watch big matches after Novak retires, but only at slams and only from the quarters...
What about Musetti ?

I've seen glimpses of him , but he is cool , calm collected and has a unique game.... or Sinner?

·
Registered
766 Posts
That's a diverse group of players.

I know there are about 30 other Novak supporters here, what are your thoughts?

I have a feeling most people will quit tennis post Novak.
Yes, that is a real possibility.

I play tennis recreationally, so naturally I'll always watch if there is some interesting match on TV. But there are also people who get into watching tennis / posting here just because of certain player which they really like.

For me it will all depend on how much younger players will improve. If their improvement is substantial then I'll continue to watch/post more or less like I do now. In other scenario I'll certainly lose interest a bit, same as I completely lost interest in women's tennis in past 4-5 years

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
It's tough to believe I will find anyone to be as "emotionally" invested in as I was in Djokovic, nobody knows, but I will definetly watch tennis further, no question about it

Reactions: RocketMan70
1 - 20 of 64 Posts