Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would u take him winning 1 more slam this year, or you rather get greedy and play it out and see if he can gets 3 or 4? i hedge my bets, so ill take it if somebody told me Joker could win just 1 more slam this year.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I rather him concentrate in slams than masters or any atp 500 tournaments. He should think of his legacy more and GS count matters most.

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
Roll the dice.

Don't care of the current field, just defeat Nadal on PC, Federer again on Wimby CC and Delpo or Cilic on Arthur Ashe.
Complete the effin' Grand Slam finally!

If that happens I will retake my original name in a different format: DjokerCYGS (without 'for'). >:)

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
If he was comfortable with this loser logic, he'd have 5 GS instead of 15.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If he was comfortable with this loser logic, he'd have 5 GS instead of 15.
No, if we count another slam each time he wins AO, then 7 * 2 = 14, minus the one he haven't win this year, would have won 13, not too bad compared to 15

statistically speaking, he is more likely to win another slam this year than winning another 2 or 3 slams
the caveat is: with a bit of bad luck, djokovic can be knocked out by a long list of players

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
No, if we count another slam each time he wins AO, then 7 * 2 = 14, minus the one he haven't win this year, would have won 13, not too bad compared to 15

statistically speaking, he is more likely to win another slam this year than winning another 2 or 3 slams
the caveat is: with a bit of bad luck, djokovic can be knocked out by a long list of players
Djokovic has been vocal about the wanting to and believing he can pass Fed's 20 slam record. That likely isn't happening without at least a couple more 3 slam years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the magic number for him to break the slam record is 37. if he plays till the age 37 he has a very good chance. he if get another slam this year, i dont think he will need a 3 slam season for the rest of his career. prob would just need 1 more 2 slam seasons. 2020 2, 2021-2023 1 each.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
i think the magic number for him to break the slam record is 37. if he plays till the age 37 he has a very good chance. he if get another slam this year, i dont think he will need a 3 slam season for the rest of his career. prob would just need 1 more 2 slam seasons. 2020 2, 2021-2023 1 each.
I don't think it is likely that he is still winning slams at 37. He is more reliant on movement than Federer is thus I see him likely slowing down quite a bit by the time he hits 35. That being said if he wins two more this year he probably could reach 20 or even surpass it without another 3 slam year.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The betting market estimates Djokovic chance of winning as follows:

RG: 32 %
Wim: 41 %
USO: 43 %

I think this is reasonable. Maybe I would increase the chance for Wimbledon slightly and decrease it for USO somewhat since things become increasingly uncertain over time (will any of the youngsters step up and will Novak stay healthy). Judging purely from the betters expectation value of the remaining slam count (obviously equal to 1.16 for 2019), it would be a good idea to roll the dice. Probably Djokovic would like to gamble as well, as he seems full of coincidence right now and likely wants to take his chance to write history.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
One more slam would pretty much guarantee YE No.1 (accompanied with another slam final and 2-3 masters), but slam count is much more important.
Therefore I would rather cross Rubikon and see what's going on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts