Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Murray defeated Federer, Djokovic said that he expected Murray to win, concerning the results the to players had since the beginning of the season, their styles and the court. He very much appreciated Murray's game directly challenging Fed's earlier comments. So, is he trying to piss off Fed even more, or just adores his Brit mate?

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
After Murray defeated Federer, Djokovic said that he expected Murray to win, concerning the results the to players had since the beginning of the season, their styles and the court. He very much appreciated Murray's game directly challenging Fed's earlier comments. So, is he trying to piss off Fed even more, or just adores his Brit mate?
Neither. He just gives the soundbites that his "people" tell him will get the most coverage :)

·
Registered
992 Posts
He is just honest...

Nole speaks what he thinks, not tactics at all...

Sorry, bad day for Murray/Fed fans, their ultimate enemy said something forbidden;)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Djokovic says Federer is under threat from rivals
By Barry Wood
DUBAI, March 4 (Reuters) - Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic said Andy Murray's victory over Roger Federer was not only expected but a reflection of a greater belief by the players that the Swiss world number one was now vulnerable.
"Honestly, considering the results of this year, the style both players have and the speed of this court, I expected Murray to win," the third seeded Serb said on Tuesday after beating Croatia's Marin Cilic 6-4 6-3.
"I wasn't really too much surprised. I have to give him a lot of credit," Djokovic added.
"I don't think Roger likes it when he gets a lot of balls back, and obviously Murray has a great style, a great talent, he knows what to play in the moment.
"Obviously when the time is passing you learn more and more, especially if you play him, so I think after those results in the last couple of months more players are believing they can win against him."
Murray knocked defending champion Federer out of the Dubai Open first round on Monday

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By Barry Wood
DUBAI, March 4 (Reuters) - Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic said Andy Murray's victory over Roger Federer was not only expected but a reflection of a greater belief by the players that the Swiss world number one was now vulnerable.
"Honestly, considering the results of this year, the style both players have and the speed of this court, I expected Murray to win," the third seeded Serb said on Tuesday after beating Croatia's Marin Cilic 6-4 6-3.
"I wasn't really too much surprised. I have to give him a lot of credit," Djokovic added.
"I don't think Roger likes it when he gets a lot of balls back, and obviously Murray has a great style, a great talent, he knows what to play in the moment.
"Obviously when the time is passing you learn more and more, especially if you play him, so I think after those results in the last couple of months more players are believing they can win against him."
Murray knocked defending champion Federer out of the Dubai Open first round on Monday
Thanks Nikola, i had to translate from Serbian site (B92).

·
Registered
771 Posts
By Barry Wood
Meh. I don't see anything wrong with that. Novak seems like he's just justifying Murray's victory, and why not? He's just expressing his honest opinion, like a previous poster said.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
He should have bet on it and gotten banned by the ATP.
:lol: actually my first thought when I read OP's post - ah, how many cash did he bet on Feds to lose?

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
It's both an honest opinion and bit of rubbing junk in Fed's face. I think he is in "payback" mode for Fed's disparaging comments in 2006 and the continued belittling Federer makes of Novak in the pressers, and Novak's itching to trash Fed with both his racket and his mouth.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
It's both an honest opinion and bit of rubbing junk in Fed's face. I think he is in "payback" mode for Fed's disparaging comments in 2006 and the continued belittling Federer makes of Novak in the pressers, and Novak's itching to trash Fed with both his racket and his mouth.

and "trash" he him he will the next time they meet each other on hard courts. Fed knows it and the Federeresians know it.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Novak Djokovic(with an unknown pseudonym) yesterday in the "Murray def Federer" MTF thread : "Expected result" :rocker:

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Spot on. :yeah: But more the second part than the first one.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Nice one Nole for defending Andy! :yeah:

But yeah the main reason for his comments are that he just loves pissing Federer off......

Reactions: Alex999
1 - 20 of 129 Posts