Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
classical idiotic comments

the guy is awesome, 550K Eur is a lot of money that he could have kept and no one would have even thought of blaming him.

but now that he gave them away he gets bashed? get out of your virtual world morons

·
Registered
343 Posts
His career is over at 30, he spends an awful lot of money on coaches/physios/fitness trainer wages and flights/accomodation( unlike footballers who earn far more and still have their expenses paid for by their team). So he's going to end up with a lot less money than golfers(who earn more as they go along and have MUCH longer careers) and singers and film stars and other celebrities, many of whom have donated less.
Apart from Tiger Woods, I think not.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Nice, but he shouldn't avoid paying taxes for his country, preferring to pay them in a tax haven. That's much more money than the ones he donated.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
wow, some posts in this thread are just beyond stupid. Do you even know how much 550,000 euros is?

then some people talk about taxes :confused:. Do you even realize how much money Djokovic donated to his country and kids all around the world already? He collected almost $5 millions just in New York/London through his foundation ... and some of you find a way to complain and bitch?

What have you done in your community lately?

·
Registered
343 Posts
wow, some posts in this thread are just beyond stupid. Do you even know how much 550,000 euros is?

then some people talk about taxes :confused:. Do you even realize how much money Djokovic donated to his country and kids all around the world already? He collected almost $5 millions just in New York/London through his foundation ... and some of you find a way to complain and bitch?

550,000 euros is a lot of money, but let's be honest, it is not that much to a multi millionare whose earning potential increases year on year.
This Serbian crisis is of "biblical proportions" apparently, and should yield a more sizeable donation I would have thought from its number one sports star who is enjoying virtual tax free status in Monaco.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I suggested Nole should donate 10% of his career earnings thus far ($61,250,000) which would work out to approximately 4.5 million euros to make a real difference. That is an eight fold increase on his one week salary donation from Rome. Now that would impress me and help a lot of people in his home country.
At the end of the day, it's his money and he can do whatever he likes with it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

According to ATP site, Djokovic has $61,000,000 career earnings. He'll have earned a lot more thanks to those lucrative sponsorship deals, but keeping Becker in poker chips doesn't come cheap, so to keep things simple, let's pretend he's just earned the 61 million.

For the sake of easy sums, we'll say the $5 million collected through his foundation was actually donated by him, plus another $500,000 for the floods.

That's $5.5 million out of career earnings of $61 million, which is 9.2% of his earnings.

I've paid tax on all of my earnings, at a rate well above 9.2% Most people on here will have done the same. Most of us will donate to charity and will have been involved in fund-raising events. That's normal. I don't expect a medal for it.

It is. I accept that it's common for extremely rich tennis players to live in tax havens, so nothing exceptional there. On the other hand, I don't think his charitable donations are worthy of special praise.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
I suggested Nole should donate 10% of his career earnings thus far ($61,250,000) which would work out to approximately 4.5 million euros to make a real difference. That is an eight fold increase on his one week salary donation from Rome. Now that would impress me and help a lot of people in his home country.
Do you know how much money he had donated so far in his career? I don't so I won't come here and tell everyone how much money he should donate.

And I doubt Nole is interested in impressing you with his donation.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
It is. I accept that it's common for extremely rich tennis players to live in tax havens, so nothing exceptional there. On the other hand, I don't think his charitable donations are worthy of special praise.
If people want to give praise for his action, they are free to do so. Novak did not ask for a medal for his charity work.

·
Registered
343 Posts
we all know that amount is not a typical one week salary even for top tennis players.

you are letting your dislike clouding your judgement here.
I don't dislike Djokovic at all. I love the way he plays and especially his ability to beat Nadal on every surface. It's just that I fail to see what is so extraordinary about a super rich sportsman donating a small fraction of his fortune to his crisis hit countryman. That's all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts