Discussion Starter #1
Good and confident play by Djoko, everything worked just fine
Credits to Kiwi, he tried his best, it was just not enough

Ferrer/Nalbi waiting in the 3rd

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
Nole def. Kiefer 6-3,6-3

a good match despite sour words from our commentators. Rusty start and there were patches of bad hitting but just as many great points. I think Nole is gonna win this whole thing :rocker:

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Kiefer had the chance to rebreak in the 2nd set, but first hit an easy bh out, followed by another easy fh at Deuce. Djokovic with strong first serves, when it mattered most.

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
Kiefer worked for a few possibilities and didn't give up quickly, but his play was too average in these deciding moments. Djokovic better all around and was almost always closer to break Kiwi's serve.

I liked how Djokovic caught the high ball with his pocket and how he gave the umpire a telling off that he made two mistakes :lol:

Kiefer had the chance to rebreak in the 2nd set, but first hit an easy bh out, followed by another easy fh at Deuce.
Yes, this forehand was costly maybe as it would have given him another chance to break.
In the first set he had 40-0 and then surrendered the points still to get broken.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Re: Nole def. Kiefer 6-3,6-3

a good match despite sour words from our commentators. Rusty start and there were patches of bad hitting but just as many great points. I think Nole is gonna win this whole thing :rocker:
Nope,it will be Gasquet this time :p
He would deserve to win a MS after having lost twice to Federer in his 2 previous MS finals

·
Registered
5,560 Posts

a good match despite sour words from our commentators.
Of course they had to bring up the endless ballbouncing but overall they were not that hard on Djokovic.

Rusty start and there were patches of bad hitting but just as many great points. I think Nole is gonna win this whole thing :rocker:
Wouldn't go so far as to consider him the favourite but I can certainly see him getting to the semis at least.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Kiefer had the chance to rebreak in the 2nd set, but first hit an easy bh out
I thought it will be turning point of this boring match. Unfortunately I was wrong :eek:

·
Banned
4,023 Posts

Sour words?
after 3 games and with Nole obviously rusty and dumping balls, one commentator said he had no weapons , as in nothing to stand out. Throughout the match they talked how bad it is and when it was over both said and I quote" certainly not a good match , not an exciting match" . It's not even close as there were many good extended rallies and some nice highlights clips

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Kiefer worked for a few possibilities and didn't give up quickly, but his play was too average in these deciding moments. Djokovic better all around and was almost always closer to break Kiwi's serve.
Good summary - The net was not Kiefer's friend. Everytime he looked like he could get back into the match he seemed to net a ball.

Congrats to Nole :yeah: I hope that he goes far into this tournament.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Good stuff from Nole and glad it was easier than he found it at Wimbledon - 4 sets, 5 days, etc ;)

·
Banned
4,023 Posts

Of course they had to bring up the endless ballbouncing but overall they were not that hard on Djokovic.
Sorry I am just a bit sensitive here, one of them said he had nothing special at all in the very beginning. Throughout the match they were rather negative and only talked about Kiefer and his experience. The same commentator said he was winning because of ball bouncing :cuckoo: and then at the end said it wasn't a good match :rolleyes:

Wouldn't go so far as to consider him the favourite but I can certainly see him getting to the semis at least.
He is not a favourite but I think he will win based on today's showing. I am biased of course but he will surely play better next round as in less mistakes.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts

He may earn it , he will never "deserve" it
yeah maybe , but Djoko draw is rather hard both Nlaby/Ferrer can take him out if playing well, then Roddick won't be easy considering the fact that they haven't played recently and you must play some matches to cope with Andy's serve and Djoko doesn't have so much firepower, and he is not going to beat Roger

·
Banned
4,023 Posts

yeah maybe , but Djoko draw is rather hard both Nlaby/Ferrer can take him out if playing well, then Roddick won't be easy considering the fact that they haven't played recently and you must play some matches to cope with Andy's serve and Djoko doesn't have so much firepower, and he is not going to beat Roger
It's a hard draw but I like it personally, I don't want it "easy" and I am really looking forward to Roddick's match , draw permitting :angel: whereas Federer is too far away now

·
Registered
10,598 Posts

Yes Djokovic is a very good player, but Federer (leads 4-0) and Nadal (leads 5-1) are still both in the event. The presence of Federer and Nadal will certainly reduce the number of chances he has for grand slam or master series titles in his time on the circuit.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts