Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indian Wells 2008 was just great for You anyway , Mardy :worship:

Mardy was 2-4* and *4-5 0-30 down in 2nd set, but he came back and won 7-5.

In 1st game of final set, Nole was *0-40 down, but saved all 3 bps with 3 aces. Then he broke Fish to 15 and this break was the key to win final set. We had just 1 break in 3rd set and it was enough to win.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well that was a compelling final. Exciting, scintillating, masterclass that was. :rolleyes:

I knew when Fish couldn't convert a single bp in the first game of the 3rd set that he would lose. Ugh. Fire of a thousand suns... :mad:

And I really want to knock the hell out of Justin Gimelstob's stupid ass. When he wasn't being a total Homer, he was going on and on about Djokabitch being the best thing to ever happen to tennis. Dude is on crack. He'll probably be calling Miami as well, and that's on my coast, so I might just fly down there and do it. If I hear him mention "positive errors" and/or "good errors" one more time...ugh! Such a dumbass.

This tournament certainly went out with a whisper.

Reactions: star

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ehh, Fishy... should have broken Djoko @ the 1st game on 3rd set. But have to give credit for Djoko's strong guts, when he came up with 3 aces to save 3 BP from 0/40.

Still great achievement for Fish. Coming back from 2:4 in 2nd set to win it 7:5 was some super effort :yeah: Shame he couldn't finish this great run with a victory. I somehow doubt he will have many more chances of winning such high level tournaments.

Congrats to Djokovic, of course. A well deserved winner of IW!

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
:yawn: Good job. :)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Mardy had 40/0* in the first game of the 3rd set. Nole served 3 aces
This sums it up perfectly. It was competitive, but clearly better one won

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Nole :banana:

Mardy, :) well done, keep it up

Justin - yes, he will be calling Miami haters. Enjoy!

·
Stefan 2034
929 Posts
Horrible performance! :lol:

Thank God he won though, now holds Indian Wells and Miami.

Time to defend Miami, this is good preparation. ;)

AJDE!

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Congrats to Djoko for a well-deserved victory, and to Fish as well for a truly AMAZING performance here. :hatoff:

That's all, I suppose... :shrug:

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Great fight from the Fish and unbeliavable tournament from him.

As for Djokovic, well he's the best player in the world on hardcourts now, certainly the results show as much. Well done to him and this perhaps could've been a more routine victory but any way to get the W is good enough and he showed what he's all about with those aces at the start of the 3rd set.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Good effort for Mardy. Hope he wins a Masters one day - sure he can after a superb week.

Djokovic :yeah:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Cool match.

Both of them were not really consistent, but Djokovic was better... And that 3 aces to save 3 bps... Brilliant.

Well done to Fish, bigger well done to Djokovic.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,846 Posts
Nole :banana:

Mardy, :) well done, keep it up

Justin - yes, he will be calling Miami haters. Enjoy!
:haha: :yeah:
:hatoff: to both guys. Nole was just better today.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I thought it was an interesting match, good in patches anyway to keep me interested in the match.

Fish went through a couple of hot streaks during the match but was too inconsistent in general. Djokovic's good serving made it difficult for him to employ the same sort of returning that he did in previous matches and Djokovic saving the 0-40 deficit with three aces in the third set was crucial. After that, it looked like Fish had lost his belief.

Still, well done to Fish for having an amazing tournament and Djokovic for winning yet another big title.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts