Mens Tennis Forums banner

141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
10,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
What, the Swiss ‘GOAT’ is Imperfect? That’s shattering news to all his fans in his Kingdom. Meanwhile, wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Fraud & Mirka inc. helped influence WB behind the scenes to get cancelled to deny a certain no.1 favoured Serb.
I think it was Wimbledon cashing in on that massive Insurance money...

·
Banned
1,349 Posts
There are no implications. Unlike you, I don't think Federer declined at all in 2011, whereas Novak became the BOAT/GOAT in 2011 and on.
How can you possibly think Federer didn’t decline in 2011? Literally in the AO that year he got taken to 5 by pusher Simug and lost a set to Robredo and didn’t even take set against Novak. Federer was awful in 2011 bar the end, FO, and USO.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
How can you possibly think Federer didn’t decline in 2011? Literally in the AO that year he got taken to 5 by pusher Simug and lost a set to Robredo and didn’t even take set against Novak. Federer was awful in 2011 bar the end, FO, and USO.
At the 2006 AO, Federer lost a set to Baghdatis and Kiefer. He beat Davydenko by this score: 6-4, 3-6, 7-6, 7-6. He also got taken to 5 sets by Haas.

But carry on thinking that Federer can never lose sets or is unbeatable or something.

·
Banned
1,349 Posts
At the 2006 AO, Federer lost a set to Baghdatis and Kiefer. He beat Davydenko by this score: 6-4, 3-6, 7-6, 7-6. He also got taken to 5 sets by Haas.

But carry on thinking that Federer can never lose sets or is unbeatable or something.
All those players are way better than Boredo and Simug. Baghdatis is debatable but he was a solid player at his prime. A set is one thing but being taken to 5 by the most weaponless player of all time is a problem lol.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Lmao of course. The excuses, as expected. Federer in his statistically best season came close to losing at AO and lost many sets. So your point is pointless.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
And most of this squabbling began on thread just over Novak at WB. Can’t wait to hear the next round of excuses pouring in after Novak reaches the all time HC majors of 12 record.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Djokovic looked so boring in that 2018 Wimbledon SF and 2019 Wimbledon F.
Rafa is the most entertaining baseliner ever to play Wimbledon.
The only thing Djokovic has brought to Wimbledon is mind-numbing defense.
Whereas Rafa has defense and the ferocious groundstrokes.
Keep yada yada yadaing about the CIaybot but u shouId just b gratefuI that WB canceIed otherwise that WB ratio wouId have been even more imbaIanced at 6:2.

·
Registered
857 Posts
All those players are way better than Boredo and Simug. Baghdatis is debatable but he was a solid player at his prime. A set is one thing but being taken to 5 by the most weaponless player of all time is a problem lol.
Yet Federer lost his first 2 matches against Simon back in 2008, and the 5-setter at AO was actually his first win. How come a younger Federer actually losing matches to "the most weaponless player of all time" isn't a problem but being taken to 5 sets a couple years later is an indicator of decline?

Or are we saying that Federer was already declining in 2008 as a 26/27 year old?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Or are we saying that Federer was already declining in 2008 as a 26/27 year old?

Decline, I do not know but a few defeats that are out of the ordinary
IW Fish
Miami Roddick
Rome Stepanek
Canada Simon 1
Cinci Karlovic
OG Blake
Masters Cup Simon 2

Masters 2008, the only one where Federer was eliminated in RR

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
He was in a very good form by RG, but he made a mistake by beating Djokovic in RG SF, so, instead of letting Rafole destroy each other in another RG 5-setter, it was him who was more tired for Wimb., consequently losing 2:0 advatage over Tsonga in QF.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It is not a mistake for the show to play and win the best match of the season for vulgar accounting reasons :)

Especially a victory over the undefeated Djokovic 2011

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
It is not a mistake for the show to play and win the best match of the season for vulgar accounting reasons :)

Especially a victory over the undefeated Djokovic 2011
Yep, Waggerer then also played a very good first three sets vs Nadal, but it cost him in Wimbledon, and although he would've needed victories over both Djokovic (SF) and Nadal (F) therein, both Djokovic and Nadal would not have been as fresh as daisies after a tough RG final and all those masters finals beforehand.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
All what Federer wanted is spoiling Novak's making of history that year. This is basically greater "accomplishment" for him and personally far more enjoyable than winning W 2011. One may argue that RG 2011 SF is THE biggest accomplishment.of Fed's career.

·
Banned
1,349 Posts
Yet Federer lost his first 2 matches against Simon back in 2008, and the 5-setter at AO was actually his first win. How come a younger Federer actually losing matches to "the most weaponless player of all time" isn't a problem but being taken to 5 sets a couple years later is an indicator of decline?

Well I actually didn’t know he lost his first 2 matches to him and I’ll never figure out how cause Simon has zero weapons and is without a doubt the most boring player I’ve ever seen.

·
Banned
1,349 Posts
He was in a very good form by RG, but he made a mistake by beating Djokovic in RG SF, so, instead of letting Rafole destroy each other in another RG 5-setter, it was him who was more tired for Wimb., consequently losing 2:0 advatage over Tsonga in QF.
He played well in RG but idk how that would tire him out for Wimby as that was a month later and I doubt he would take a month to recover from one tournament.

·
Banned
1,349 Posts
Decline, I do not know but a few defeats that are out of the ordinary
IW Fish
Miami Roddick
Rome Stepanek
Canada Simon 1
Cinci Karlovic
OG Blake
Masters Cup Simon 2

Masters 2008, the only one where Federer was eliminated in RR
2008 was kinda ass honestly for Federer. I mean losing to Fish, Stepanek, pushmug, and the other 3 are his pigeons. Just terrible losses really.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I see a lot of BS being said about Simon here. "he's boring", "he has no weapons", and such crap.
Just shows that people don't actually understand tennis and that UFC is probably something they would enjoy more.
Simon is a great Tennis player. 1st class. Old school, tactically astute, technically and athletically among the best out there.
I always enjoyed watching Simon's matches. Him beating Federer twice in 2011 is not at all a surprise to me. Federer was starting his prime then, and Simon kicked his ass. Because Simon is a great tennis player. Simple as that.
Rafa and Novak were also beating Federer regularly at that time - and no matter how much Federer improved, these two would kick his ass regularly.
Fed fans should not blame Simon and spew such hate towards him - Simon is just a great tennis player and playing his game - it's not his fault that Federer couldn't match up.

Reactions: RocketMan70
141 - 160 of 166 Posts