Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
What was the H2H in 2011 and since then?
Pre-2011, it's 13-6 to Federer.

From 2011, it's 21-10 to Djokovic.

Clearly this swing has something to do with age, but seeing as Djokovic fans do not recognise the concept of age, then we must search for some other explanation, such as voodoo or astrology or blind chance. Take your pick.

Note, though, that they played 19 times pre-2011 and 31 times from 2011.

And still Djokovic only leads the H2H by 4 matches.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Also, your point is irrelevant since Federer of 2011-2020 was much, much better than the Novak of 2006-2010.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
It's not about arbitrary timeframes. Djokovic was a top 10 player for the first time against Federer at Canada 2007. He was ranked as low as 60 prior to that in his matches against Federer. Unsurprisingly, Federer lost his advantage when Novak was highly ranked.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
It's not about arbitrary timeframes. Djokovic was a top 10 player for the first time against Federer at Canada 2007. He was ranked as low as 60 prior to that in his matches against Federer. Unsurprisingly, Federer lost his advantage when Novak was highly ranked.
Canada 2007 to USO 2010 is an arbitrary timeframe.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Pre-2011, it's 13-6 to Federer.

From 2011, it's 21-10 to Djokovic.

Clearly this swing has something to do with age, but seeing as Djokovic fans do not recognise the concept of age, then we must search for some other explanation, such as voodoo or astrology or blind chance. Take your pick.

Note, though, that they played 19 times pre-2011 and 31 times from 2011.

And still Djokovic only leads the H2H by 4 matches.
Oh, the tiny violins keep weeping in the background...
"he was 137 years old", "grass didn't grow straight up", "rain messed up his hair", "his cat ate his homework"...
It's so sad.
The tiny violins orchestra.

Meanwhile, here on earth, it's 27:23 and the weather is perfect.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Oh, the tiny violins keep weeping in the background...
"he was 137 years old", "grass didn't grow straight up", "rain messed up his hair", "his cat ate his homework"...
It's so sad.
The tiny violins orchestra.

Meanwhile, here on earth, it's 27:23 and the weather is perfect.
Yes, the weather is perfect. It's always beautiful being a Federer fan.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
There are no implications. Unlike you, I don't think Federer declined at all in 2011, whereas Novak became the BOAT/GOAT in 2011 and on.
Oh gosh, you do the concept of "decline" but not of "age". That's interesting.

Tell me, as a matter of interest, do you recognise the concept of time?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Oh gosh, you do the concept of "decline" but not of "age". That's interesting.

Tell me, as a matter of interest, do you recognise the concept of time?
You want everyone to think Federer suddenly declined at 29 just because better players emerged and he stopped winning. You just can't handle it, huh? It's too much for you to bear, which is why you need to come up with excuses to make sense of anything bad that happened regarding Federer.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Canada 2007 = the first match Federer and Novak played when Novak was inside the top 10.
And Novak was not a teenager anymore, as he was in their four matches beforehand, 18 y.o. no.67 in MC'06, then 19 y.o. ranking 21,15,14 in DC'06, AO'07 R16, Dubai'07 QF respectively.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
And Novak was not a teenager anymore, as he was in their four matches beforehand.
We shouldn't mention anything anymore. I think we will give The Federest a nervous breakdown. He just can't handle it. I think we should just let his reality of events regarding Federer be the right one for his own well being.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
You want everyone to think Federer suddenly declined at 29 ...
No, not at all.

I'm just trying to discover the parameters of your worldview.

You don't believe in "age".

Yet you believe in things "declining".

But do you believe in "time"?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
You don't even understand my arguments. Please carry on with your delusions that Federer is peRFect. I don't want to ruin things for you anymore.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
You don't even understand my arguments. Please carry on with your delusions that Federer is peRFect. I don't want to ruin things for you anymore.
What, the Swiss ‘GOAT’ is Imperfect? That’s shattering news to all his fans in his Kingdom. Meanwhile, wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Fraud & Mirka inc. helped influence WB behind the scenes to get cancelled to deny a certain no.1 favoured Serb.

121 - 140 of 166 Posts