161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Actually, several of your ilk in this very thread are pretending like Novak did nothing wrong. Nice try though

Heheh I was just imagining your outrage if Federer had pulled this shit. Hypocrisy you say, yea you should know all about that.

Be serious now for a moment. Sporting events were cancelled all over the world at the time. Novak being "too trusting" and "eager to start something good" is not an excuse for him making extremely risky decisions involving public health. This shit is why it's dangerous having a world #1 who doesn't trust medical science. I don't think Novak is a bad person and he's usually sensible but when it comes to this stuff he's tragically incompetent. One can only hope that he learned from this.
Yes... so let me give you a few tips on the logical fallacy known as the "Ad-hominem" fallacy.
Basically, if in an argument you talk about your opponent and not about the point they're making, then you're not making your case and you're losing the argument.

You mention "your ilk", you called me a hypocrite and you guessed how I would behave if Roger this or that. None of that helps. It is totally irrelevant. Whether I am a hypocrite or not, it's irrelevant to the point I'm making.
My point was that the reaction to Djokovic's mistakes was too harsh, that they were overblown out of proportion.

And now I am in a position to prove my point, not by guessing, but by comparing the Adria Tour with the Atlanta exho.

In both cases one of the participants tested positive for COVID19. The Adria tour was called off immediately, Atlanta continued. Tiafoe played two days with symptoms, that didn't happen with Adria, People attending were given and gel at the entrance of the Adria Tour events, not so in Atlanta. Serbia and Croatia had opened their countries up and had been having events for a month. Atlanta was in the middle of the pandemic.

Now compare the media cobpverage of both events. Check out any pundit, and compare what he wrote after each event.

I rest my case.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
This is where McEnroe's "You cannot be serious?!" line most emphatically applies on Djokovic.

Where does he find them?
It is hard to escape Osmanagic's "pyramid" in Bosnia and the local (Balkan) mass media, now it is almost like The Loch Ness monster in Scotland or Stonehenge in England.

Djokovic was hoping for an exibition match with (Bosnian) Dzumhur, but since Damir is currently on his seaside vacation, Novak has fullfilled his long-standing wishes of visiting Sarajevo and some other Bosnian places in those 2-3 days of visit, and they have probably invited him to visit the Bosnian "Pyramid" in the nearby Visoko.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
Yes... so let me give you a few tips on the logical fallacy known as the "Ad-hominem" fallacy.
Basically, if in an argument you talk about your opponent and not about the point they're making, then you're not making your case and you're losing the argument.

You mention "your ilk", you called me a hypocrite and you guessed how I would behave if Roger this or that. None of that helps. It is totally irrelevant. Whether I am a hypocrite or not, it's irrelevant to the point I'm making.
My point was that the reaction to Djokovic's mistakes was too harsh, that they were overblown out of proportion.

And now I am in a position to prove my point, not by guessing, but by comparing the Adria Tour with the Atlanta exho.

In both cases one of the participants tested positive for COVID19. The Adria tour was called off immediately, Atlanta continued. Tiafoe played two days with symptoms, that didn't happen with Adria, People attending were given and gel at the entrance of the Adria Tour events, not so in Atlanta. Serbia and Croatia had opened their countries up and had been having events for a month. Atlanta was in the middle of the pandemic.

Now compare the media cobpverage of both events. Check out any pundit, and compare what he wrote after each event.

I rest my case.
Wrong.

You committed the fallacy fallacy.

Commiting a fallacy does not make the the premise of the argument wrong.

You think like a child.

You could consider that an ad hom, to me it‘s just the truth. To many it probably is.

None the less, it does not take away from what I just told you.

You‘re just a kid beginning to learn about easy ways of arguing, but you have no actual sense.

·
Registered
429 Posts

I rest my case.
What?!!! You mean an event organized and promoted by an international superstar and world number one got more coverage than an event comprised of second and third tier players? Shocking!

I notice that when Djokovic and his posse were promoting their event, they didn’t complain about the media coverage. But when things went south it became a total whine-fest. “They’re picking on me. It’s a witch hunt.” Ad nauseum.

Funny thing about publicity. Celebrities love it when things are going well; not so much when they aren’t.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
What?!!! You mean an event organized and promoted by an international superstar and world number one got more coverage than an event comprised of second and third tier players? Shocking!

I notice that when Djokovic and his posse were promoting their event, they didn’t complain about the media coverage. But when things went south it became a total whine-fest. “They’re picking on me. It’s a witch hunt.” Ad nauseum.

Funny thing about publicity. Celebrities love it when things are going well; not so much when they aren’t.
Check my thread EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING. You are in a minority, I'm sorry to say. The vast majority of players and pundits have sided with Djokovic against the vitriol and the mean-spiritedness some journos showed. A "confederacy of the pious", Oliver Brown called them. Even some members of Briggs Fam stepped back. A line was crossed by some and most people declined to cross it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Check my thread EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING. You are in a minority, I'm sorry to say. The vast majority of players and pundits have sided with Djokovic against the vitriol and the mean-spiritedness some journos showed. A "confederacy of the pious", Oliver Brown called them. Even some members of Briggs Fam stepped back. A line was crossed by some and most people declined to cross it.
I agree that some of the initial reaction was over the top. But Djokovic (and his family, supporters, coaches, etc.) are bringing on more criticism by keeping the topic alive. This thread is an example.

He is both whining about the criticism, which will only sustain it, and trying to justify the original event with his “My heart was pure” bullshit. As if that whitewashes everything.

If you don’t want to be a target, don’t paint a bullseye on your chest.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
? Actually I was quite clear exactly how your "point" (if one can even call it that) was absurd to begin with. You think Novak received too much abuse, which you are free to think, but like I said: Djokovic going ahead with that event was dumb as hell, regardless of his intentions. Like I said, most sporting events at that time were cancelled.

Wrong. First of all YOU are the one who claimed no one is saying Novak did nothing wrong, I simply enlightened you that several Nolefans ("your ilk") in this very thread are doing just that. And you didn't even try to refute that because you know I'm right.
Secondly, I guess I have to explain it in very simple terms: you being a hypocrite is very relevant because that says a lot about your AGENDA. In other words, you aren't objective enough regarding any Djokovic related issue to make a valid analysis. And you certainly aren't knowledgeable enough medically to defend Novak's decisions here (or even decide what amount of criticism is reasonable). This is just basic source criticism on my part.
Like I said: ignorance and good intent is not an excuse when it concerns the health of other people.

You are free to think that, but the problem arises when you try to convince other people to agree.

You see, "People are out to get Novak" is what you ALWAYS say. For years you've been whining, about tournament posters, media coverage and everything in between. To me (and I suspect many others) it simply looks like a result of your horrible victim mentality.

I rest my case.
What? It's not rocket science. Both events should have been cancelled, and the organizers of both events screwed up. Novak's event got more news coverage because he's the world #1.

If you are upset over the Atlanta exho and want to start a thread about that, I encourage you to do so.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts

Djokovid and his fans have too much chips on their shoulder and constant victim mentality.

They always think the world are against them.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Djokovid and his fans have too much chips on their shoulder and constant victim mentality.

They always think the world are against them.
No wonder when whole crowds turn into devil himself when he is playing. There is a reason why this thoughts came.

Reactions: BodyServe

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
? Actually I was quite clear exactly how your "point" (if one can even call it that) was absurd to begin with. You think Novak received too much abuse, which you are free to think, but like I said: Djokovic going ahead with that event was dumb as hell, regardless of his intentions. Like I said, most sporting events at that time were cancelled.

Wrong. First of all YOU are the one who claimed no one is saying Novak did nothing wrong, I simply enlightened you that several Nolefans ("your ilk") in this very thread are doing just that. And you didn't even try to refute that because you know I'm right.
Secondly, I guess I have to explain it in very simple terms: you being a hypocrite is very relevant because that says a lot about your AGENDA. In other words, you aren't objective enough regarding any Djokovic related issue to make a valid analysis. And you certainly aren't knowledgeable enough medically to defend Novak's decisions here (or even decide what amount of criticism is reasonable). This is just basic source criticism on my part.
Like I said: ignorance and good intent is not an excuse when it concerns the health of other people.

You are free to think that, but the problem arises when you try to convince other people to agree.

You see, "People are out to get Novak" is what you ALWAYS say. For years you've been whining, about tournament posters, media coverage and everything in between. To me (and I suspect many others) it simply looks like a result of your horrible victim mentality.

What? It's not rocket science. Both events should have been cancelled, and the organizers of both events screwed up. Novak's event got more news coverage because he's the world #1.

If you are upset over the Atlanta exho and want to start a thread about that, I encourage you to do so.
Ok. I give up with you. 😂
You just want to talk about me: what I ALWAYS say, what upsets me, my agenda, my hypocrisy...😂
The lynch-mob went too far this time and most pundits and players are distancing themselves from that and supporting Novak.
Those are facts. Verifiable facts.
Only the most recalcitrant haters are still going on about it. Most of the lynch-mob just went quiet. Waiting for the next opportunity.
Also: Kermode just got another gig with the Triathlon Organisation, so he has accepted defeat at last and things will calm down somewhat, I think and hope.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
The lynch-mob went too far this time and most pundits and players are distancing themselves from that and supporting Novak.
Those are facts. Verifiable facts.
False. This is the premise for all your diatribes (life?) but it is simply false, utter BS. For every player or pundit you quote nutlicking Novaxx there are tens who may be quoted saying the opposite publicly or, much more, in private. Stop cluttering the forum with such BS, please, this isn't twitter.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
False. This is the premise for all your diatribes (life?) but it is simply false, utter BS. For every player or pundit you quote nutlicking Novaxx there are tens who may be quoted saying the opposite publicly or, much more, in private. Stop cluttering the forum with such BS, please, this isn't twitter.
😂 😂
I read had forgotten what this forum is like.
All the evidence can be found checking my Twitter account, I'm not going to start posting dozens of my tweets with links again.😛
You can also check Rothenberg's Twitter, and some of the other members of BriggsFam, if you're interested.
They truly tried to get the players to ask Novak to resign. Players were not interested.
That's a fact, otherwise Novak would have resigned.
There was even a thread here, with all the rumours that were started by Wertheim and friends, out of wishful thinking.
The evidence is there, but I can't force you to see it. 🙂

161 - 174 of 174 Posts