Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Great quote. Terrible timing. Implying further denial and lack of self reflection.
I honestly can't tell if Djokovic's PR managers don't get paid enough or get paid way too much.

·
Registered
595 Posts
"Boats don't sink because of the water that surrounds them, but because of the water that enters into them."

Gotta agree with Monsi, I like Djokovic, but there might be a better time and place for quotes like that.

Put it this way: If you're the captain of Titanic, and has just steered into an iceberg, that phrase won't impress anyone around you.

·
justice for all
13,392 Posts
I am worried. Is he OK? I thought COVID-19 affected only the body, now seems it also affects the brain. Get well soon, Novak.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Well, there are rare cases of COVID-19 encephalitis. Actually the whole Djokovic clan seems to suffer from severe brain damage. Let's hope Novaxx survives.

·
Registered
14,274 Posts
Novaxx making the puppets dance.

Imagine posting some abstract philosophical quote and around the world people go mad on the message boardz

Reactions: bilentsob

·
Registered
14,274 Posts
It will b much more “entertainment” watching the Claybot “fail” to defend USO title hopefully at the dexterous hands of Serbinator.
Djokovic? USO? Haha. Nah.

·
Registered
81 Posts
"To devotees of Federer and Nadal, Djokovic’s breakthrough was a ‘crime’ he could never be forgiven for and as he has travelled the world picking up title after title over the last decade, Djokovic has been punished time and again for ruining the Roger and Rafa show."

So much hate... nothing new here...

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Can you really be talking about logistics in arguing when you tried to prove Noah Rubin was wrong about something political by comparing his tennis career to Djokovic?

That was one of the dumbest things ever happening here. And thats you.
😂😂😂
Fact 1: "dumb" is an adjective. You're arguing with adjectives.
Fact 2: When you resort to name-calling in an argument, you are incurring in a fallacy known as "ad hominem". It's called a fallacy because it is an invalid form of argumentation, it doesn't prove your point.
Fact 3: I was not trying to prove that Noah Rubin was wrong, that didn't need proving. I am very sorry you missed the point of my thread. That table was just stating facts. That's what I like doing. Facts are sobering. 😀

Lastly: if you're interested in Noah Rubin, I recommend you to read the comments made by Gilles Simon about Noah Rubin. Very illuminating. Of course Simon's comments have not been covered by the English-speaking press. They are thoughtful, they are well-argued, based on facts, with a dry sense of humour. Really not our pundits' cup of tea. 😀

·
Registered
14,274 Posts
😂😂😂
Fact 1: "dumb" is an adjective. You're arguing with adjectives.
Fact 2: When you resort to name-calling in an argument, you are incurring in a fallacy known as "ad hominem". It's called a fallacy because it is an invalid form of argumentation, it doesn't prove your point.
Fact 3: I was not trying to prove that Noah Rubin was wrong, that didn't need proving. I am very sorry you missed the point of my thread. That table was just stating facts. That's what I like doing. Facts are sobering. 😀

Lastly: if you're interested in Noah Rubin, I recommend you to read the comments made by Gilles Simon about Noah Rubin. Very illuminating. Of course Simon's comments have not been covered by the English-speaking press. They are thoughtful, they are well-argued, based on facts, with a dry sense of humour. Really not our pundits' cup of tea. 😀
Oh sweety, you have lots to learn.

An ad-hominem neither proves an argument right nor wrong.

And in this case, dumb isn't an ad-hominem.

Dumb is a state of low intelligence, which a person could reasonably be, such as yourself.

Caling you dumb wasn't relevant to my argument.

That was merely the conclusion.

Almost all arguments end with your precious "adjectives".

The only one commiting a fallacy was you, trying to disprove Rubin's value by asking who he is, and then listing his career stats, which was completely irrelevant.

In conclusion: You are one of the most illogical people to ever grace this board, and truly: dumb.

·
Registered
381 Posts
"Boats don't sink because of the water that surrounds them, but because of the water that enters into them."

Gotta agree with Monsi, I like Djokovic, but there might be a better time and place for quotes like that.

Put it this way: If you're the captain of Titanic, and has just steered into an iceberg, that phrase won't impress anyone around you.
And if you're fighting a wildfire it's best not to keep adding fuel, which is what statements like this one does.

I was a major Novak critic at first, and, BTW, not a Fedal fan in any way. But the guy apologized and admitted his mistakes. At this point he should just let it go and sooner or later other wildfires will come along. And while people will never forget, I think most will forgive if he comes back strong and comports himself like the great athlete and good sportsman we’ve seen.

·
Banned
516 Posts
These Djokovid tards are totally delusional. There is literally nothing the wacko Serb can say which will cause them to question their blind worship. Crazy stuff.
Mirka, where does all that hate come from? What is wrong?
It can't be that you hate the people you've never met, with such passion, just because... Can it?
So, what's really bothering you?
Look deep inside and tell us. Maybe we can help.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Mirka, where does all that hate come from? What is wrong?
It can't be that you hate the people you've never met, with such passion, just because... Can it?
So, what's really bothering you?
Look deep inside and tell us. Maybe we can help.
He'd drinking bad water. Quick, call the nearest quack to cure him with good mental energy.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Calling himself a boat now?

Clear that he is right here on MTF

anyways moving on to the serious...
If a tree falls in a forest with nobody to hear it, do the spiritually bankrupt quote some airy self-serving guff instead of taking responsibility for their actions?
Amen.

The dude is pathetic. The more he desperately wants people to feel sorry for him >> the more error he makes >> the more unlikeable he gets >> the further desperate he becomes.... rinse repeat... the cycle continues

I used to naively give him the benefit of the doubt — I blamed everything on his thug parents.

I was wrong. The problem is entirely HIM.

It is he who is pushing and promoting quacks, whackos and charlatans, it is he who thrashes covid rules. It is he who befriends wife-beaters. It is he who is enabling his parents (they would behave instantly if he had not wanted them to act like thugs on his behalf). It is him — HE is the problem. He is an adult for way too long to pass the blame.

Not Federer fans, not Nadal fans, not "evil" conspiracy involving western media, not Wimbledon crowd that is booing his sorry ass, not Albanians who took over Kosovo after NATO bombed Yugoslavia, — no no no, none of those are the cause of HIS predicament. He needs to grow the fuck up. Act his age, be humble like Roger and Rafa. Be aware of his privileged nature and stop being a crybaby Jeb Bush-like person (he's the one who patheticly begged a crowd to "please clap" right?).

·
Banned
516 Posts
Calling himself a boat now?

Clear that he is right here on MTF
The dude is pathetic. The more he wants people to feel sorry for him, the more unlikeable he gets.

I used to naievely give Djoko the benefit of doubt and blame everything on his thug parents.

I was wrong. The problem is entirely HIM.

It is he who is pushing and promoting quacks, whackos and charlatans, it is he who thrashes covid rules. It is he who befriends wife-beaters. It is he who is enabling his parents (they would stop instantly if he had not wanted them to act like thugs). It is HIM — HE is the problem. He is an adult for way too long to pass the blame.

Not Federer fans, not Nadal fans, not "evil" conspiracy involving western media, not Wimbledon crowd that is booing his sorry ass, not Albanians who took over Kosovo after NATO bombed Yugoslavia, — no no no, none of those are the cause of HIS predicament. He needs to grow the fuck up. Act his age, be humble like Roger and Rafa. Be aware of his privileged nature and stop being a crybaby Jeb Bush like person (he's the one who begged a crowd to "please clap" right?). Up to him to act like he deserves to be a goat — that means not being utterly pathetic about crowd booing a fucking athlete — that's your JOB. You are paid to handle that.
Uf... so much hate and prejudice... so much vitriol and toxicity... mumbo-jumbo casserole of low-end sentiments and urges... politics not excluded either.
Uf...
It must be a difficult existence.

Also... English.

Hate is not the answer mate. Medication, exercise, fresh air... maybe.

·
Banned
516 Posts
Djokovic has always been a bit on the weird side. Why does he dwell on things so long? He is like a boat half full of water.
I'd agree with that... It's not uncommon that geniuses have a flaw or two... Being the GOAT of tennis, one can't just be "an ordinary guy", right?

41 - 60 of 146 Posts