Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Novak Djokovic has reached the final of the ATP finals yet again and this time he has broken Roger Federer's record of being the oldest ATP finals finalist. Federer was aged 34 when he last reached the final of ATP's year-end event for the final time in 2015 where he incidentally lost to Novak Djokovic. Djokovic has improved the record by one year. As @artilerist13 pointed out, Arthur Ashe in 1978 was also 35 years and six months old. Both players were aged about the same (Ashe will keep the record by about 5 days).

Forehead Nose Hair Cheek Chin

If Djokovic wins on Sunday, he will become the oldest winner of the tournament. That record belongs to Federer who was just 30 years old when he last won that title! So, Djokovic can improve the record by a whopping five years!

In addition, Djokovic can also tie Federer with most ATP finals titles won with six.

(Ken Rosewall was 37 years old when he reached the final of WCT finals in 1972 which he won. However, the ATP finals has a different lineage).

·
Registered
826 Posts
So would Djokovic just sly of the record or not? He's birthday in late may.
Actually he won't win it by a scratch.The database in ultimatetennisstatistics.com is according to a birthday date at the start of the tournament-Novak is born 22th of May so that means he will be 35 years 5 months and 21 days.Even if we look the final date tomorrow he still isn't at 35 years at 6 months,he will be on tuesday.

·
Registered
7,550 Posts

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Is this for real that this troll is finally banned, at least for 10 days? 😦
Nothing new here, as usual.

There are more trolls here than monfed.
The difference is only here.

#4 · Oct 4, 2022

All tards base bashing on other big 3 (or 4..)

Afterwards, there are the little whiners who will complain and cry to the modos because they want to transform MTF into a fan blog for their idol because they are unable to bear the controversy.

From where the constant forcing with backseat moderation :dunno:

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Is this for real that this troll is finally banned, at least for 10 days? 😦
i rather not, ACC is just around the corner. poor monfeddy was peaking way too early... :unsure2:

• Sad
Reactions: ivanban

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
He needs to win this now. I am not 100% that he is going to win tomorrow. He should... But for some strange reason this tournament evades him. Strangest and most shocking loss was to Zverev in 2018. I still don't understand what happened there. Beat him like a broom in the group stage and then lost in the final. Rublev could repeat what Zverev did so hoping history doesn't repeat.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Ashe is ahead by like 6 days as finalist…
Will be the oldest winner if he makes it.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
He needs to win this now. I am not 100% that he is going to win tomorrow. He should... But for some strange reason this tournament evades him. Strangest and most shocking loss was to Zverev in 2018. I still don't understand what happened there. Beat him like a broom in the group stage and then lost in the final. Rublev could repeat what Zverev did so hoping history doesn't repeat.
well. from what i remember zverev was basically redlining in his baseline game, every shot had tremendous length and pace. he was unplayable for the most part.
so yeah, he def earned that win.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts