Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Considering how good Djokovic did at last years french open i think its safe to say he's a threat to anyone in the draw. After all, his general fitness/stamina will only improve over time. Nadal is still the favourite going into the french and although i think he will win it i still think that he will have his poorest year this year since being no.2

· Registered
192 Posts
Serbian players are generally good on clay, as almost all tennis clubs in the country operate on this surface. Monica Seles was 3 times FO champion, Nole, Ana and Jelena performed extremely well last year there, so I think he has a chance to be a champion there. But I think its a little bit early talking about Nole's golden slam. Lets see what he will do on the hard courts in the first place. If he wins AO and USO in one year, then maybe he has a potential, but he will need a lot of practice on grass to be a threat to Fed at Wimbledon.

· Premium Member
323 Posts
When does the retirement tour for Federer and Nadal start:confused:

Unless Jo Willy Tsonga falls in awe at the feet of Novak "The Mouth" Djokovic discussing future slams seems premature. If Rafa and Roger want to train for the future, JW should be a far more likely threat.

· Banned
914 Posts
Djokovic has the potential to win on all surfaces. Has reached all SF in all the slams and is still very young. So if he has luck by his side, then he could win any of the slams this year(AO, FO, W, USO) and in the future.....

· Banned
48 Posts
Djokovic can't beat Nadal on clay. Nadal would be a straight sets favorite in that matchup. And if Djokovic managed to take a set or two it would not go his way since mentally Djokovic is a relative light-weight. He doesn't have the temperament to defeat a player of Nadal's claycourt level :)

· Blown Out On the Trail
62,771 Posts
Nadal is not a lock to 4-peat the French this year. Without the pressure of a NCYGS, I think Fed will play more aggressive and free in the final.
:) That's what happened after Safin beat him at the AO. :lol:

Anyway, too early for me to say how Djokovic will do at RG. I need to see his form on clay and so much can happen in 6 months.... or 5.

· I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
40,342 Posts
Djokovic has the potential to win on all surfaces. Has reached all SF in all the slams and is still very young. So if he has luck by his side, then he could win any of the slams this year(AO, FO, W, USO) and in the future.....
Djokovic can't beat Nadal on clay. Nadal would be a straight sets favorite in that matchup. And if Djokovic managed to take a set or two it would not go his way since mentally Djokovic is a relative light-weight. He doesn't have the temperament to defeat a player of Nadal's claycourt level :)

I think you two are the same person :)

· Registered
362 Posts
While Djkovic has improved tremendously over last season and with a good start to this years i still don't think he can be held in the same regard to players like Nadal,Federer,Davydenko or Ferrer on clay.

Djokovic was totally outplayed in both encouters with Nadal last year. His beleif was pretty much gone after the first set of the FO semi final.

And as for other players i think the only player to really get close to Nadal last year on clay would have to be Davydenko but Nadal upped the ante in that last set. Hamburg didn't seem to mean anything as Federer didn't look any closer last year in fact he looked more resigned to thought of being able to beat Nadal at the FO.

As for Nalbandian i think that would be a totally different story on clay again, i have a feeling fat Dave would be the one getting moved around the court more often then not but hopefully we get the chance to see such a match up.

Golden slam? Not this year.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.