Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boris. :facepalm: Seems like the kind of thing every coach/player does pretty much but Boris is stupid enough to talk about it just before Wimbledon....

Reigning Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic has walked into a cheating row on the eve of the SW19 tournament. As the Serb prepares to do battle for a third men’s singles title, his coach Boris Becker has revealed the pair use special signals during matches.

Becker’s admission pushes to the limit tennis rules about on-court coaching. The tennis legend, who coached the World No.1 to a second Wimbledon championship last year, was asked on Radio 5 Live about Djokovic talking to the players’ box during a match. Becker replied: “I think there is a bond, a relationship, an understanding of the player and coach.

“Obviously I’ve got my job and it’s a very intimate relationship because it’s one on one. “There are moments when he looks up and he needs assurance that what he is doing is right. “And then we have our ways about it to tell him it’s good or tell him it’s bad. And then it’s up to him to change it.”

According to ATP and ITF rules, on-court coaching is not allowed during matches. The ITF rule states: “Players shall not receive coaching during a match (including the warm-up). Communications of any kind, audible or visible, between a player and a coach may be construed as coaching.”

Djokovic has a bit of previous. In 2011, at the Australian Open, he was fined $1,500 for on-court coaching – and he also received a $2,000 fine two years later for the same offence. Two years ago, Stanislas Wawrinka targeted Toni Nadal for illegally coaching his nephew Rafa during a match – with “Uncle Toni” later admitting he had talked to the Spanish star during contests. Chair umpires are expected to enforce the rule. Players who contravene it can expect at first a warning, then the docking of penalty points – and finally the possibility of disqualification.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-centre-cheat-row-5960496

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Re: "Djokovic at centre of CHEAT row as Becker confirms use of special signals"

Nothing new here.umpires are only on Nadal case with these fringe rules..It has become sexy for them looking stringent while trying to force them upon Rafa..

·
Registered
4,613 Posts

I'm sure it has happen a few times but most time Novak look and yell at his box or break a racquet more than anything. One thin is certain it's not even close to the standard of Uncle toni and Nadal who probably does it every match

·
Registered
11,737 Posts

Just one of the many differences between Rafaole and Federer.

The first one try to gets all the external help they can (coaching, time wasting, MTOs, who knows what else), the second one on the other hand...it's there, all alone, fighting alone, without any external help, just on its own.

Just amazing. Just G.O.A.T.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

In b4 Djokovic tards defend this. Oh wait...I am too late :rolls:

·
6,671 Posts

Djoker has done absolutely nothing wrong, a few hand signals is hardly coaching.

·
Banned
923 Posts

If tennis actually cared about enforcing its rules then Dullovic would be nowhere near this sacred sport. Sadly this sport is sullied by cheaters and fakers.

Reactions: 17-6-302

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Well Ash, Boris is just imitating The Don Toni ;).

You just opened another retarded thread. It's like a woman who gossips all the time.

As a Rafa tard you should be focusing on what Rafa does and don't worry too much about Djokovic and his team.

·
Registered
19,392 Posts

*looks towards box*

*Becker gives thumbs up*

HE IS FUCKING CHEAAAAAAATING I KNEW ITT WHAT A DISGRAACE

·
Registered
5,886 Posts

Federer fans have been furious about Team Nadal doing similar in the past.

I'm sure the Olderertards will all be along in a minute to vent their fury.

·
Registered
821 Posts

Just one of the many differences between Rafaole and Federer.

The first one try to gets all the external help they can (coaching, time wasting, MTOs, who knows what else), the second one on the other hand...it's there, all alone, fighting alone, without any external help, just on its own.

Just amazing. Just G.O.A.T.
You forgot Federer MTO's? Last year Wimbledon...remember his MTO....oh....I understand...you are saying the first one is federer. Got it.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts

Let me see: British press trying to undermine Murray's main competition? Shades of 2013?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts

Djoker has done absolutely nothing wrong, a few hand signals is hardly coaching.
:cuckoo::facepalm::smash::stupid:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts