Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should Djokovic drop his nice-guy, PC act and embrace his role as a tennis heel? We already see his true personality on court sometimes, but he is obviously very careful to come across as a face for sponsorship purposes and all that.

But should he embrace the "bad boy" role and go full heel? Would that make him into a mega-mega star like McEnroe? Would he play even better tennis?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
He's not a jerk at all. He does have his frustrated moments on court but that doesn't make him a jerk, his funny and good side that he presents looks natural to me, but yeah he is being PRovic at the moment and isn't being very loose with his behavior.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More popular as a babyface, so a face turn is likely after this match.
I wanna see him drop some elbows on Nadal's water bottles to send a message for clay season.

Reactions: eldanielfire

·
Registered
221 Posts
No way
He looks like a wimp to be honest. I'd not be scared at him ranting at me and skinny as shit. It'd be like Popeye before the spinach.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No way
He looks like a wimp to be honest. I'd not be scared at him ranting at me and skinny as shit. It'd be like Popeye before the spinach.
True, which is why Nadal is such a good heel, he tries to intimidate opponents with his muscles.

Djokovic could actually be a badass rebel face like Stone Cold.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Exactly my thoughts. HE tries to shed his emotions like Fedal but the problem is that the members of Fedal are slightly introvert and shy. Thus, they hide their real emotions for the PR purpose. Novak being an extrovert guy fails to do the same.

Tennis needs a villain in this bunch of PR driven bots.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
How is he a natural heel when he cares that much about his public perception? PRovic is one thing, but unfortunately he also has this inner desire to be loved by the crowd. He's a child of war in the end, and thus his entire personality is naturally pretty unsteady.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
No way
The ballboy sure was. :p

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
Agreed. Djokovic needs to learn to play against the crowd because it's going to be like this. Only way I see it getting better is a few years from now, when he's no longer a serious contender. Hewitt gets much more love from the crowd now that he is a "has-been."

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hes a natural dick and it come out sometimes that arrogance is what makes him good though.
We all saw what his father said when he had a chance to express his unfiltered thoughts.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
221 Posts
His personality is unsteady? No it's just fake. He's entitled; his apologists can deny it all they want but his attitude stinks of shit.

He wins a lot, well done to him but he's a humourless crybaby. Child of war? Whatever.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Murray is already the heel.
Yeah but nobody takes Murray seriously because he's not winning anything.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I understand the comparison with John Cena. Cena is polarizing due to trying too hard to be loved.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
His personality is unsteady? No it's just fake. He's entitled; his apologists can deny it all they want but his attitude stinks of shit.

He wins a lot, well done to him but he's a humourless crybaby. Child of war? Whatever.
You need to check the vocabulary. OR are you referring to Fedal?

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well then he's playing his role, because heels don't usually win.
He gets a lot more heat when he's winning though.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts