Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LONDON: World number one Novak Djokovic apologised for upsetting a ball girl who looked visibly shaken when he roared at her during his Wimbledon fourth round win over Kevin Anderson on Tuesday.

The defending champion was 3-2 down and at 30-30 in the final set when he screamed in the girl's direction.

"I'm sorry. There was nothing towards her. Maybe she was just afraid of my screaming there," said Djokovic who said he was trying to fire himself up in the fifth set decider.

"I was pretty close to her. I'm definitely going to try to apologise to her if I did something wrong."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...reaming-at-ball-girl/articleshow/47978014.cms

Time to go and get some anger management therapy?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Djokovic should be banned from tennis. Disgraceful.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I hope she's allright.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,912 Posts
I've never heard any ballkid who was scared of Federer or Nadal. And now in the space of 4 months, we get two cases involving Djokovic.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Spotted it during the TV Coverage. No excuse shouting in the face of an innocent ballkid like that for your towel.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Novak for sportsman of the year.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
There is always a possibility that a clown will scare kids on occasion.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
disgraceful player

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
This story sucks. Look, the kid got a tough love lesson. As long as Nole did not touch her, this is not a real story.. I am tired of people getting their feelings hurt when your fart on the court.

1 - 20 of 261 Posts