Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
That's a good idea, actually I like the Canadian guys to support it.
Let's see how many Euro players will join

Reactions: Eliande

·
Registered
711 Posts
A union is needed, but the fact it's being led by Djokovic and Pospisil raises suspicion.

Anyway, one is better than none.

·
Registered
22,064 Posts
No inclusion of WTA players either.

A union is fine, but Djokovic and Popsipil being the ones to create it, yeah doesn’t look good

·
Registered
17,936 Posts

A union is fine, but Djokovic and Popsipil being the ones to create it, yeah doesn’t look good
Only as you guys dislike them both, you guys are just pathetic.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
That's a good idea, actually I like the Canadian guys to support it.
Let's see how many Euro players will join
Probably Simon since hes been sucking Djokovic off all summer.

Good idea, wrong people to initiate it, will probably end up in failure.

·
Premium Member
21,474 Posts
Kind of baffling how much pull Vasek has considering he's the only top 25 player ever never to win a main draw ATP clay court match.🤔
Well, such thing would good organization/management and networking skills I imagine, not much to do with winning matches. For example, there were articles with a ton on insight from players from the top 250-300+ who don't get many ATP wins, but know very well how the things work.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts

At least one player is on the record as saying he’ll sign on: 2016 Wimbledon runner-up Milos Raonic.

“Players have had plenty of time to think and reflect and take a look at certain parts which they may not be happy with and discuss,” Raonic said Friday after reaching the Western & Southern Open final.

“A lot of us were kept in the dark by our leadership for six months. We were disappointed with many things. I voiced my opinion on many things, such as … executives in other sports taking pay cuts to support us. As tennis players, we weren’t making a dime for months and months. … Lower guys weren’t making a dime,” Raonic said. “But our executives were staying home and didn’t feel it necessary to take any pay cuts. I pushed for that on every single phone call we had.”
Raonic doesn't seem to agree. I suspect he's thought about the merits of this more than you have.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
Kind of baffling how much pull Vasek has considering he's the only top 25 player ever never to win a main draw ATP clay court match.🤔
No idea what his ranking or clay court prowess has to do with anything. If he and Novak can pull this off, they may go down as legends of the sport for a different reason. You know the tennis establishment is doing their best to stop them (the ATP has already sent a letter in fear urging the players not to unionize), but it really does look possible for the first time ever.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Not a fan of his tennis but he's looking to be the one who's constantly looking out for the lower ranked players and I applaud him for that. He could have done nothing and continued to benefit from the statue quo as a top ranked player. It's time for an organisation which represents players' interest instead of the ATP consisting of "management expertise" who have no clue about how to play, no clue about how the fans think, and have no experience as players.

1 - 20 of 497 Posts