1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
justice for all
13,163 Posts
He has a chance to do it now. As a bonus he’d pull a Sampras going out on a high with a win.
He’d also have more time for Jelena, kids, mum&dad, piano lessons, prayers to God and his anti-vaccine campaign.

·
Registered
498 Posts
When did Djokovic lose to Kohlschreiber in Miami? Do you mean Paire? He considered quitting in 2018, after losing to Paire in Miami. Good thing he did not, because he won 5 of the next 7 slams starting at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
498 Posts
He has a chance to do it now. As a bonus he’d pull a Sampras going out on a high with a win.
He’d also have more time for Jelena, kids, mum&dad, piano lessons, prayers to God and his anti-vaccine campaign.
An interview was posted yesterday where he claims he may play into his 40s. I can see him retiring maybe in 2027, after winning Wimbledon for maybe a 9th or 10th time.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
"... spoke about quitting the sport to his wife Jelena last year after suffering a fourth round Miami Open defeat to Roberto Bautista Agut in March."

·
Registered
498 Posts
"... spoke about quitting the sport to his wife Jelena last year after suffering a fourth round Miami Open defeat to Roberto Bautista Agut in March."
Something must have been lost in translation. Djokovic's wife has spoken on numerous occasions that Djokovic wanted to quit tennis after losing to Paire in Miami of 2018.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The article stated Kohlschreiber. A moderator can feel free to put RBA's name in the title of the thread.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The article stated Kohlschreiber. A moderator can feel free to put RBA's name in the title of the thread.
The article is wrong. Do a quick google search and you will find many articles that Djokovic wanted to quit after Miami in 2018. There is no reason why he would want to quit in 2019.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The article is wrong. Do a quick google search and you will find many articles that Djokovic wanted to quit after Miami in 2018. There is no reason why he would want to quit in 2019.
You're talking to a sportswriter, but then again you probably didn't know that since you seem to be new here.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't understand your point. Djokovic never considered quitting the sport in 2019. He considered quitting after Miami in 2018.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't understand your point. Djokovic never considered quitting the sport in 2019. He considered quitting after Miami in 2018.
You told me to "do a quick Google search" as if I have no idea what I'm talking about, so I just merely pointed out that I am closer to both tours than anyone on either here or TF.

In what we're going through and with a lack of news (and mostly fluff threads here), you post something if it comes from a legit site and/or source. It was corrected and the matter is done.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You clearly did not in this instance, since you did not bother to verify the accuracy of it before posting. That is a big no-no for someone in your profession.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You clearly did not in this instance, since you did not bother to verify the accuracy of it before posting. That is a big no-no for someone in your profession.
Clearly you missed the "with what's going on here" part. If Eurosport is that erroneous, perhaps you should direct your comments towards them since I corrected things.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
What's interesting is results didn't really impove in the short term after the Paire loss. Kilzan beat him in Barca then Kyle Edmund in Madrid. Nole then played a decent tournament in Rome but Nadal still beat him in straights and finally the earth shaking loss to Cecchinato. At this point he was down in the 20s.

Then we had the further reported heart to heart with his wife in the hills. He then played a good Queens which got him going. I suspect the Nadal SF will be decisive for both slam counts if we don't lose too much more tennis.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Honestly, everybody who doesn't think about retiring when playing on an ugly-ass facility like the new Miami one is suspect to me.

·
|
14,320 Posts
An interview was posted yesterday where he claims he may play into his 40s. I can see him retiring maybe in 2027, after winning Wimbledon for maybe a 9th or 10th time.
I hope Djokovic plays to his 40s, because Rafa will have a giant lead in their h2h if that happens.....
Rafa isn't even declining, whereas Djokovic looks worse and worse on hardcourt almost losing to Thiem at the AO (that is Djokovic's favorite slam and favorite surface) despite Rafa taking Thiem's best level and softening him for Djokovic....

·
|
14,320 Posts
The 2018 Wimbledon SF will prove to be the most important match in tennis history once the Big 3's careers are over, I expect.
2018 Wimbledon is irrelevant, as Djokovic is still not even close to the slam record.... and Rafa didn't need to win Wimbledon, as he keeps winning Roland Garros (3 years in a row) and the US Open (2 of the last 3 years, and retired injured in the SF of 2018 US Open).

·
Registered
498 Posts
I hope Djokovic plays to his 40s, because Rafa will have a giant lead in their h2h if that happens.....
Rafa isn't even declining, whereas Djokovic looks worse and worse on hardcourt almost losing to Thiem at the AO (that is Djokovic's favorite slam and favorite surface) despite Rafa taking Thiem's best level and softening him for Djokovic....
Nadal should first focus on learning how to break Djokovic's serve on a hard court before he even thinks about winning on a hard court! Over his last 7 matches on a hard court against Djokovic, he broke Djokovic one time, and twice over his last 9 hard court matches. That is not a misprint, by the way!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts