Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Just stop it. :ROFLMAO: 😂

He is very limited, vulnerable and not mentally strong on that surface. Loses own service games 1-2 times per set, cant convert break point opportunities that easy.

SERVE !!! Pretty much useless from him. He just throws balls in, wont be enough against Nadal and many others. He has zero free points ! Dude is 34 nowadays. Run, Novak, run.

RG is next to Monte Carlo his worst clay court tournament. He cant peak there. 2011 and 2013 are examples from the past where he had the fitness and endurance.

Game wise he is just not good enough to win 7 matches in a row and to beat Nadal. Especially Tsitsipas is a huge obstacle. The Greek improved drastically from last year. He is there to win the title.

Nadal can sleepwalk win against Djokovic thanks to his far superior weapon arsenal and variety on that surface. We will have a repeat. A straight sets beatdown or Nadal gifts one set tactically to regroup mentally and to attack Djokovic immidiately in the first service games to serve it out himself.

·
justice for all
18,405 Posts
Hi, man. Let me start with saying that I actually like you and your posting.

But maybe, just maybe it would be a good idea if you created just ONE mega thread entitled "My anti-jinxing of Novak ahead of Roland Garros 2021" and place all your theories right there?

I would be good both for you (you would not have to set up a new thread every time) and for the forum (we could find them all in one place).

Maybe even some nice mod could stick it? @NextGenKing ;)

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plus this:

During Novak's clay campaign this year:

* Led in the 2nd set by a break and had a set point against Evans in the 2nd set.... lost the set and match.
*Led by a break in the first set against Karatsev in Belgrade... lost the set anyway and lost the match
*Led by a break in the 2nd set against Sonego in Rome and had a matchpoint.... lost the 2nd set.
*Led by a break in the first set against Nadal in Rome in the first set... lost the first set.
*Led by a break in the 2nd set here but still lost the 2nd set..... (but ultimately won the match)

... Too much of this from Djokovic when in a commanding position.I know it's clay and a service break doesn't necessarily mean squat but he's his own worst enemy by seeing to it he's out on the gunk far longer than he should be.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

But maybe, just maybe it would be a good idea if you created just ONE mega thread entitled "My anti-jinxing of Novak ahead of Roland Garros 2021" and place all your theories right there?

I would be good both for you (you would not have to set up a new thread every time) and for the forum (we could find them all in one place).

Sorry man, but these anti-jinxing accusations are getting out of hand.

All of my postings were reasonable. Just posting a realistic take of the current situation and helping out others to find the true basis before heading into the French. Because some got a bit too excited by looking at the draw lol. You cant disagree here, because it is true. This anti-jinxing thing is ridiculous.

Delusional and jinxy or bold was rather: Djokovic will win 2021 RG. Write your comment there, would be the better place.

I am a Djokaholic and I see if he has a chance at the French or does not. It is only 5 % now.

·
Your visions will happen
52,157 Posts
RG is a free shot. Just make SF, play Nadal and see what happens. If he loses, so what, that's what we all expect anyways. But if he wins, he can be the GOAT

So plenty to gain and hardly anything to lose. Just don't lose before SF!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I had high hopes in Djokovic last year, and I even joined forces with the dark side aka Nolefam to bring down dark lord Nadal.

And then the final happened, and Djokovic got utterly destroyed by Nadal. It was disgusting in every way. Since then, all hope is lost. Djokovic will be humiliated in the Semis, if he even makes it there. He even lost against Nadal in Rome, for crying out loud.

There is no stopping Nadal at RG. Nobody can do it. The dark force will push his way to another Slam, it's inevitable

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had high hopes in Djokovic last year, and I even joined forces with the dark side aka Nolefam to bring down dark lord Nadal.

And then the final happened, and Djokovic got utterly destroyed by Nadal. It was disgusting in every way. Since then, all hope is lost. Djokovic will be humiliated in the Semis, if he even makes it there. He even lost against Nadal in Rome, for crying out loud.

There is no stopping Nadal at RG. Nobody can do it. The dark force will push his way to another Slam, it's inevitable
Yes the smell is strong in 14.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
I even joined forces with the dark side aka Nolefam to bring down dark lord Nadal.
Incredible sacrifice :ROFLMAO:. Thankfully Boss the Almighty expelled me from Nolefam giving me freedom.

Back to the topic, I share sentiment of some posters here. Until last RG I believed Novak had what it takes to push Nadal there (and maybe even win). But I realized that his clay game declined in recent years (compared to pre-2017) and there's no point in having high hopes.

Reactions: VyRa | esq.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Careful, you're asking for Soderling part 2 bruh

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does some of you know a site where I can bet on Djokovic not winning RG ? Wonder if there is anyone who offers bet like this ?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Incredible sacrifice :ROFLMAO:. Thankfully Boss the Almighty expelled me from Nolefam giving me freedom.

Back to the topic, I share sentiment of some posters here. Until last RG I believed Novak had what it takes to push Nadal there (and maybe even win). But I realized that his clay game declined in recent years (compared to pre-2017) and there's no point in having high hopes.
How did he expell you and why ? Too pessimistic or reasonable ? haha

Yes, I agree. It is more relaxing when we accepted and realized it. The Tsitsipas win for example was a sweet surprise so that I could even cope with Djokovic losing to Nadal in the final.

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
14,104 Posts

Like @guitarra i believe its a win win situation. If you are right you get creditvifcwrobg your happy... jiinx threads arent a crime for me and Nadal gonna win regardless lol

Also as he said you are a good guy vyra, i dont judge people by their tennis opinions

·
Registered
7,029 Posts

Just stop it. :ROFLMAO: 😂

He is very limited, vulnerable and not mentally strong on that surface. Loses own service games 1-2 times per set, cant convert break point opportunities that easy.

SERVE !!! Pretty much useless from him. He just throws balls in, wont be enough against Nadal and many others. He has zero free points ! Dude is 34 nowadays. Run, Novak, run.

RG is next to Monte Carlo his worst clay court tournament. He cant peak there. 2011 and 2013 are examples from the past where he had the fitness and endurance.

Game wise he is just not good enough to win 7 matches in a row and to beat Nadal. Especially Tsitsipas is a huge obstacle. The Greek improved drastically from last year. He is there to win the title.

Nadal can sleepwalk win against Djokovic thanks to his far superior weapon arsenal and variety on that surface. We will have a repeat. A straight sets beatdown or Nadal gifts one set tactically to regroup mentally and to attack Djokovic immidiately in the first service games to serve it out himself.
It's really not difficult to see that his strengths don't align as much on Clay & his brief peak has passed on Clay & obviously unlikely to b seen again. Even though u could chalk up last year's FO final to having to switch quickly from HC to Clay in the altered 2020 season, i've seen too little from start of Clay season up to now to convince me otherwise.
Unless & until i see no.1 finishing off matches w/in 3 sets esp. in first week (won’t b holding my breath) i will have no problem if he bounces out before the second week allowing him more break time for Grass season & his pursuit for OG, not to mention avenge what happend at USO20. It would also open up the draw allowing a potential contender a better shot to defeat Nadal which would b nearly as satisfying as winning.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Novak is a lock for the title and an inevitable CYGS and unassailable GOATHOOD at the end of this year. I told you that before the draw; I tell you that after the draw. Have more faith in Nole and TCK. I've never been wrong before!

Reactions: david_prentice

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
RG is a free shot. Just make SF, play Nadal and see what happens. If he loses, so what, that's what we all expect anyways. But if he wins, he can be the GOAT

So plenty to gain and hardly anything to lose. Just don't lose before SF!
It's not entirely a free shot. If he doesn't get to the SF with the comparably easy draw he got, that would certainly be a setback. Once he reaches the SF, I agree he can only win.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like @guitarra i believe its a win win situation. If you are right you get creditvifcwrobg your happy... jiinx threads arent a crime for me and Nadal gonna win regardless lol

Also as he said you are a good guy vyra, i dont judge people by their tennis opinions
I appreciate both of your kind words and positive up-building feedback. Thank you very much, had to be said because obviously none of you had to write this but you did.

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
How did he expell you and why ? Too pessimistic or reasonable ? haha
It's a long story. Probably too objective (I made some posts praising Federer and was hailed as a Fed fan in disguise) plus I was making fun of him and PayPal gate. Good old times, haha.

Reactions: VyRa | esq.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
In what ? Calling and predicting outcomes ?
Anything at all. My 100% accuracy on everything record is on the line. Djokovic will be GOAT by the end of USO 2021. Only records he won't have are Rosewall's 24 slams, and Laver's 2x Open era CYGS/ 1x pre Open era pro slam. Also Laver's 3x CGS. He will equalise Fed at WTF and finish the year at #1 with a Calendar Year Golden Slam. Before he retires he will at least equalise Rosewall and Court's 24 slams.

I wouldn't rule out another CYGS and CGS before he hangs the racket up. A lot depends on next gen. Nadal and Fed aren't stopping him.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts