Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could explain a lot on the resignations. How can Gimselstob still be involved on ATP politics after all that happened with him, doesn’t make sense to me. ATP politics is in a shambles and the president of the council is not doing a good job and is being friendly with the wrong people. He should resign and let someone take over. Even his fans would be happy.

Here is the source:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Man, there is so much going on for Djokovic off court.

I feel he'll get distracted and lose to some mug soon. Probably to Goffin.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Okay, my opinion of Djokovic just went down.

Really bad.

Probably see's Gimelstob as some man's man with honest flaws or some shit.

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Seems to me like Djokovic is doing more good than bad for the players. Why would he stop now?
Then why is he not transparent enough? There is lack of transparency on his part. And every time a journalist asks him questions he seems to deviate it and not answer them. Or complain why there is so much leakage and whine over people putting the blame on him, even though he’s the president. Seems like a farce to get his friends get into power and that’s even more corruption. Those players who are in the council right now have shown to be pro Gimelstob. And after what he’s done. It’s hard to support him

Do you think the other players who have resigned like Lopez/Vallverdu or the likes of Wawrinka/Murray/Federer/Nadal don’t want the best for tennis either?

I don’t think Djokovic means bad at all, his intentions could be good, I just don’t think he’s doing a good job for this position.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Then why is he not transparent enough? There is lack of transparency on his part. And every time a journalist asks him questions he seems to deviate it and not answer them. Or complain why there is so much leakage and whine over people putting the blame on him, even though he’s the president. Seems like a farce to get his friends get into power and that’s even more corruption. Those players who are in the council right now have shown to be pro Gimelstob. And after what he’s done. It’s hard to support him

Do you think the other players who have resigned like Lopez/Vallverdu or the likes of Wawrinka/Murray/Federer/Nadal don’t want the best for tennis either?

I don’t think Djokovic means bad at all, his intentions could be good, I just don’t think he’s doing a good job for this position.
Somehow I doubt good character people like Vasek Pospisil and Kevin Anderson would support a farce to get Djokovic's friends into power rather than their legitimate goals to get money and representation for the players (particularly those ranked outside the top 100 who aren't earning enough to make a good living). It appears like you may have an agenda here.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

Let's be honest you, most of MTF and the media are on Djokovic's case 24h a day. If he farts to the left you'd be complaining why he didn't fart to the right. It's never about any issue related to tennis and what council is doing for all the players. Now here he's attacked because he said he has friendly relations with Gimelstob "after all that Gimestob has done" which again is nothing related to Gimelstob's tennis involvement but his personal life, what he said about Kournikova and did he kicked someone's ass. Are you people like that in your real lives? Your friends get in some trouble, be it with the law even and you just cut them off because of it?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
... nothing related to Gimelstob's tennis involvement but his personal life, what he said about Kournikova and did he kicked someone's ass. Are you people like that in your real lives? Your friends get in some trouble, be it with the law even and you just cut them off because of it?
But it's not about some single flaw or out-of-character lapse in Gimelstob's case. The same guy who made repugnant, violently sexual remarks about a fellow female professional is the same guy whose wife has a restraining order out on him is the same guy who is in court for assault. This is a consistent picture of a nasty piece of work, and it reflects badly on Novak that they're friends.

By their friends shall ye know them.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
But it's not about some single flaw or out-of-character lapse in Gimelstob's case. The same guy who made repugnant, violently sexual remarks about a fellow female professional is the same guy whose wife has a restraining order out on him is the same guy who is in court for assault. This is a consistent picture of a nasty piece of work, and it reflects badly on Novak that they're friends.

By their friends shall ye know them.
Even nasty piece of work people are pink inside. It all seems to be blown out of proportion by the media anyway and that's how everyone's been fed that story. Kounikova is a piece of work too but I wouldn't mind to be her friend.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Oh my my! Fedtards in full flow. They convert any non news about Djokovic into a major controversy. Fedtards better remind themselves about what Julien Benneteau revealed last year about their favourite player- his multiple underhand dealings, charges of nepotism and conflicts of interests.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Well, we haven't heard this much about player's council in years, while Fed/Nadal/Wawrinka/etc were still there, and all of the media were telling us everything was smooth and awesome while Kermode was there. Now, from what Pospisl has said, things are far from "great", on the contrary, so I don't know what those other guys were doing, but not much from the looks of it. But I'm not a pro player, so I guess those guys should know what's the best for them, as a fan I'd of course prefer Novak to resign asap and focus 100% on the tournament. :lol:

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
The personal component of their relationship is nobody's business. You can stay loyal to your friends without condoning their behavior. In fact, I expect most decent people to do so for a while at least, until a certain breaking point is reached. It usually takes us a long time to realize that friendships which test our loyalty in this manner are unhealthy for us. From a professional stand point associating himself with JG has been nothing but damaging for Djokovic. And again, that's his choice.

However, having a man who plead guilty to a violent crime anywhere near ATP organizational politics is ridiculous. Only a seriously delusional individual would support his involvement on any level. He needs to go home to sort out his issues and let ATP be.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
However, having a man who plead guilty to a violent crime anywhere near ATP organizational politics is ridiculous. Only a seriously delusional individual would support his involvement on any level. He needs to go home to sort out his issues and let ATP be.
Violent crime? Intentional ambiguous choice of words. Did he rob a store at gun point? Shoot someone? Stab someone? At worst he kicked someone's ass, without causing serious injuries at least. Ridiculous media writings about him hitting someone 50 times are obviously not true, otherwise he would be charged with assault that caused great bodily harm (and victim would take him to the cleaners for it). That's not even considered a crime but misdemeanor. Verdict confirms this too, as even incarcerations up to one year are considered misdemeanor punishments and Gimelstob's been given 60 days community service and a 3 years probation. He plead "no contest" to a battery charge.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Violent crime? Intentional ambiguous choice of words. Did he rob a store at gun point? Shoot someone? Stab someone? At worst he kicked someone's ass, without causing serious injuries at least. Ridiculous media writings about him hitting someone 50 times are obviously not true, otherwise he would be charged with assault that caused great bodily harm (and victim would take him to the cleaners for it). That's not even considered a crime but misdemeanor. Verdict confirms this too, as even incarcerations up to one year are considered misdemeanor punishments and Gimelstob's been given 60 days community service and a 3 years probation. He plead "no contest" to a battery charge.
Spare me your ridiculous denialism. Arguing with violence apologists is where I draw the line re my MTF activities.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts