Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
This stat is blatantly wrong.

Just off the top of my head I can tell you that Djokovic has defeated Murray 7 times in finals:

1) Australian Open - 3 times
2) Miami - 2 times
3) Indian Wells - 1 time
4) Shanghai - 1 time

On the other hand Murray's finals victories that I recall against Djokovic is at 5.

So, 7 > 5.

Without even getting in to all the other numbers that apply to these two's respective achievements, please get your facts straight before trolling next time.

:spit: If you're going to accuse someone of not getting their facts straight, it's a good idea not respond by not getting your facts straight...

2008 F Cincinnati Masters (Murray)
2009 F Miami Masters (Murray)
2011 F Australian Open (Djokovic)
2011 F Cincinnati Masters (Murray)
2012 F Miami Masters (Djokovic)
2012 F US Open (Murray)
2012 F Shanghai Masters (Djokovic)
2013 F Australian Open (Djokovic)
2013 F Wimbledon (Murray)
2015 F Australian (Djokovic)
2015 F Miami Masters (Djokovic)
2015 F Canadian Masters (Murray)

No clue where you're getting IW from

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
19>9 H2H
9>2 slams
160>0 weeks at no. 1
25>11 masters
4>0 WTF
3>1 Wimbledons

It is pretty funny that Andy fans are trolling after one match. So he didn't get beaten 9 matches in a row, big deal. That's not really something to boast about.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Must be some external factors NO?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Is the reason Djoko is a 2nd tier G.O.A.T...he just totally sucks in finals, even against a player like Murray. He has a great base level that means he's awfully consistent, but in finals...he can raise his level if the opponent is playing well.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I refuse to acknowledge this thread as anything but trolling and baiting.

Djokovic and Murray are both old time friends, as well as dear players to me. Im happy when Murray wins over Djokovic and vice verse, Im happy to see them in final. If people find their finals dull, feel free to ignore it.
What bothers me is unfair comparing from tards and trolls, in effort to diminish Djokovic accomplishment by mocking him for losing against Murray. And from "Murray" fan no less.
Giving me impression that most of you are just haters not real tennis lovers. And sole purpose to troll and look smart. Albeit the truth is opposite.

Murray deserved this win, he played better in final and better overall, Djokovic altho playing very poorly made it to the final which is great on its own.

·
Administrator
6,174 Posts
To be honest I have always found "Finals head to head" a pretty irrelevant and uninteresting stat in any rivalry... I mean it tells you who won some memorable matches between the two players as they were title matches, but top players play big matches against each other outside of finals, and acting as though those don't matter is as stupid as the people that act like it is better to lose in 1R of a slam than in the final to protect your GS finals record.

For Djokjovic and Murray, matches like the AO 2012 SF and the Olympics SF were much bigger and more important for the rivalry than stuff like the Cinci 2011 final. If you look at Finals or Semifinals of tournaments above 500 level the head to head is 12-7 Djokovic, which I think gives a better idea of this matchup in "big matches" than either the head to head in finals or the overall head to head.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Show Murray tries harder in finals or Djokovic plays less well when the match is the most important.
Prolly a bit of both.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This stat is blatantly wrong.

Just off the top of my head I can tell you that Djokovic has defeated Murray 7 times in finals:

1) Australian Open - 3 times
2) Miami - 2 times
3) Indian Wells - 1 time
4) Shanghai - 1 time

On the other hand Murray's finals victories that I recall against Djokovic is at 6.

So, 7 > 6.

Without even getting in to all the other numbers that apply to these two's respective achievements, please get your facts straight before trolling next time.
Your head is wrong. Its 6-6 before telling someone to get their facts straight you should probably not rely on your tiny pea brain to remember things its not capable of Noletard.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Is the reason Djoko is a 2nd tier G.O.A.T...he just totally sucks in finals, even against a player like Murray. He has a great base level that means he's awfully consistent, but in finals...he can raise his level if the opponent is playing well.
This is a 2nd time I see you writing that(the bolded part), he is soo bad in finals that he won 12 consecutive masters finals and 2 out of 3 slam finals this year :rolleyes::eek::worship:.

·
23,780 Posts
Overall I think it shows how Murray is good in Finals -- his record is 35-16 on Finals (68.6%), which is excellent for a top player who has played that many finals while Djokovic has a 54-25 (68.3%) which has actually has a lower percentage than Murray.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Overall I think it shows how Murray is good in Finals -- his record is 35-16 on Finals (68.6%), which is excellent for a top player who has played that many finals while Djokovic has a 54-25 (68.3%) which has actually has a lower percentage than Murray.
Except slam finals where he is 25%

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Finals H2H is the most irrelevant stat in tennis.

Not surprising Murraytards are clinging on to it since they have nothing else whatsoever. :haha:

19>9 H2H
9>2 slams
160>0 weeks at no. 1
25>11 masters
4>0 WTF
3>1 Wimbledons

:bigwave:

·
23,780 Posts
Except slam finals where he is 25%
That though, but still overall if he reaches there he usually does well compared to some (although I guess you could say many times he gets stuck in SF due to the Big Three).

·
Registered
17,466 Posts
Lower by 0.3%.

Do you realize that it is also by 54-25 rate rather than being just 0.3% better? :superlol:

Some Murray "fans" have no Math comprehension skills it seems.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I can't believe that Chico posted on an open forum where everyone can see that head to head's in finals are an irrelevant stat :superlol:

The most important match in a whole tournament is irrelevant, say that in front of a mirror 5 times and try not to laugh.

Reactions: JoWilly
21 - 40 of 53 Posts